Montpellier rail travel

Re: Montpellier rail travel

LegendoftAutostrada 19 Nov 2019 15:48 pm said..

Didn't think the rail option was reliable so cancelled. Had a refund on my railway tickets yesterday. Have booked a one-way car hire on Friday and return trip on Monday afternoon is by Flixbus for the princely sum of 4.99 Euros each! :D
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 19 Nov 2019 16:08 pm said..

Similar, getting a coach down but have arranged a car share back but if a train is running then then we get an extra couple of hours lie in on Monday morning ;)
King Prawn Bhuna
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....

The Shuthonger One 19 Nov 2019 19:20 pm said..

Friday Toulouse to Montpellier cancelled. Monday reverse trip still on. According I to my SNCF app. Trying to book alternatives was woeful. Bus to Montpellier crossing fingers about return.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 19 Nov 2019 19:53 pm said..

I'm assuming that if the app is showing the train, then they are expecting it to run. I'm not cancelling the car share until I've landed in Carcassonne and checked at the station. But like you Tommy fingers crossed for the train.
King Prawn Bhuna

Up the jumper 20 Nov 2019 13:20 pm said..

HEADS UP FOLKS.

Just had an email from SNCF - the train I was booked on (14.16 from Marseille on Saturday) has been cancelled. There are no alternative trains. There IS a bus service run by SNCF which has availability, and so booked on that..........

Looks like its not going to be as straightforward as hoped!
Up the jumper
Hero in the making
Another yard boys, another yard!

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Nov 2019 13:52 pm said..

Up the jumper wrote:HEADS UP FOLKS.

Just had an email from SNCF - the train I was booked on (14.16 from Marseille on Saturday) has been cancelled. There are no alternative trains. There IS a bus service run by SNCF which has availability, and so booked on that..........

Just checked the Oui/SNCF website. All direct trains between Marseille and Montpellier are cancelled Friday and Saturday, else you have to go via Avignon (sur le pont) adding at least another hour to you trip. ....good luck.
King Prawn Bhuna

Glosteroldboy 20 Nov 2019 14:08 pm said..

Checking the SNCF website it shows trains are ok for Monday ?? Will keep checking this...
Glosteroldboy
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Nov 2019 14:25 pm said..

Glosteroldboy wrote:Checking the SNCF website it shows trains are ok for Monday ?? Will keep checking this...

You're correct...looks like I was still looking at the previous days.....have adjusted my previous comment. All looks good for Monday.
King Prawn Bhuna

LevensRed 20 Nov 2019 15:55 pm said..

Up the jumper wrote:HEADS UP FOLKS.

Just had the same email, buses are available but expensive through SNCF

Just booked through a company called Flixbus and 2 adults cost £14.98 inc reserving a seat.

Coach leaves airport at 14.25 and arrives in Montpellier at 17.10 but means a tram back into the centre.

Lets just hope French Air Traffic Control don't have some last minute strikes and we actually get there :-)
LevensRed
Turns out for the A team

King Prawn Bhuna 24 Nov 2019 12:16 pm said..

Just been the the station and they confirmed that trains are running Toulouse via Carcassonne tomorrow, but still a restricted service.
King Prawn Bhuna
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby