Montpellier rail travel

Re: Montpellier rail travel

BigBatch 12 Nov 2019 09:04 am said..

Booked the bus from Toulouse to Montpellier last night for £8.
Job done.
BigBatch
Senior squad member

The Shuthonger One 12 Nov 2019 16:08 pm said..

Has anyone had an email from SNCF telling them about track closure. I certainly haven't
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

LegendoftAutostrada 12 Nov 2019 16:09 pm said..

The Shuthonger One wrote:Has anyone had an email from SNCF telling them about track closure. I certainly haven't

No, but the information is on their website.
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

lucifer 12 Nov 2019 16:38 pm said..

A friend is doing that trip and emailed sncf today;

"I have tickets booked for 23 Nov from Toulouse to Montpelier and returning on 25 Nov Is this train line open then and will I be able to travel on the train as planned or will there be issues with this journey"

got this reply........

Thank you for your email to OUI.sncf customer service.
We checked and the trains are running normally
lucifer
Hall of Famer

LegendoftAutostrada 12 Nov 2019 16:40 pm said..

Interesting...

https://www.sncf.com/fr/itineraire-rese ... -trafic/gl

Updated this very afternoon:

Last updated on November 12, 2019 at 3:11 pm

Traffic interrupted between Montpellier, Perpignan and Spain and between Montpellier and Toulouse until Sunday 24/11/2019 included.

TGVs all have departing or terminating Montpellier.

INTERCITES circulate between Bordeaux, Toulouse and Narbonne.

Here is the program of circulations trains INTERCITES on the axis Bordeaux / Marseille for the days of November 12 "New window" , from November 13 to 15 "New window" , November 16 "New window" and November 17 "New window " .

A partial resumption of traffic on these lines is planned from Monday, November 25, 2019. The transport plan is updated in the SNCF Assistant and tools with a minimum advance of 48 hours.

Cause: repair work on damaged railway tracks of 23 October 2019.
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

The Shuthonger One 12 Nov 2019 17:46 pm said..

Thanks for your responses. Connecting to SNCF from my phone, it doesn't remember my English request for very long. I find it quite bad that I have not been informed by them of potential problems. I will try later on from another internet option.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

Glosteroldboy 12 Nov 2019 19:51 pm said..

Any suggestions for a popular/designated bar in Montpellier for Saturday night cherry & white knees up ???
Glosteroldboy
Senior squad member

Castle Grim Reaper 13 Nov 2019 10:15 am said..

Glosteroldboy wrote:Any suggestions for a popular/designated bar in Montpellier for Saturday night cherry & white knees up ???

Apparently O'Callorans Bar is very good and base for the KSM ;)
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Nov 2019 15:42 pm said..

Will pop by at some point, but more likely is the Temple Bar close to the station, the Ibis hotels and Place de la Comédie.
King Prawn Bhuna
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....

King Prawn Bhuna 19 Nov 2019 14:17 pm said..

THe SNCF/Oui website was updated yesterday 18/11. There now seems to be a limited service (Intercities) running on the weekend and Monday 25th but I don't know what to make about the TGV as you can't buy tickets on the website I don't think they are going between Toulouse and Montpellier. There are links to the temporary schedules in the link below.

https://www.sncf.com/en/booking-itinerary/traffic-info/gl

ast updated on the 18 November 2019 at 16h06

Traffic interrupted between Montpellier, Perpignan and Spain and between Montpellier and Toulouse until Sunday 24/11/2019 included.

TGVs all have departing or terminating Montpellier.

INTERCITES circulate between Bordeaux, Toulouse and Narbonne.

A partial resumption of traffic on these lines is planned from Monday, November 25, 2019. The transport plan is updated in the SNCF Assistant and tools with a minimum advance of 48 hours.

Here is the program of circulations trains INTERCITES on the axis Bordeaux / Marseille for the days from 18 to 22 November 2019, "New window" of Saturday, November 23, 2019 "New window", Sunday, November 24, 2019 "New window" and the Monday, November 25, 2019 "New window".

Cause: repair work on damaged railway tracks of 23 October 2019.

Information about your trains is updated in real time on the SNCF.COM "Nouvelle fenêtre" website and the SNCF Assistant application "New window"

Good luck.
King Prawn Bhuna
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby