Montpellier rail travel

Montpellier rail travel

LegendoftAutostrada 11 Nov 2019 11:01 am said..

Here's an alert for anyone planning to travel from Toulouse to Montpellier for the match the weekend after next.

Due to track repairs following last month's serious flooding, the rail service between the cities is currently suspended.

I have spoken to SNCF and also received an e-mail from them saying they do not know whether trains will run on Friday, November 22. The date the service resumes is also uncertain - the message online says Monday, November 25 but the agent couldn't confirm that. No knowledge of rail replacement buses, either.

For peace of mind, our group has made alternative arrangements.
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

Re: Montpellier rail travel

Peanutcoxy 11 Nov 2019 11:26 am said..

Mrs PC and I are renting a car for the weekend. We are on the BA0366 flight from Heathrow to Marseille on 23 Nov, landing at 1030 and then picking the car up to drive to our hotel in Montpellier. We return on 25th probably leaving the hotel around 0330 (ouch) for the 0725 flight back to Heathrow.

We have 2 seats to and from Marseille to Montpellier if anyone is interested. PM me if you need travel assistance
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Up the jumper 11 Nov 2019 11:29 am said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:Mrs PC and I are renting a car for the weekend. We are on the BA0366 flight from Heathrow to Marseille on 23 Nov, landing at 1030 and then picking the car up to drive to our hotel in Montpellier. We return on 25th probably leaving the hotel around 0330 (ouch) for the 0725 flight back to Heathrow.

We have 2 seats to and from Marseille to Montpellier if anyone is interested. PM me if you need travel assistance

On same flight out, as are a few others I am aware of.....but getting train to Montpellier, which is unaffected.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Vice-Captain

covglaws 11 Nov 2019 11:44 am said..

Up the jumper wrote:
Peanutcoxy wrote:Mrs PC and I are renting a car for the weekend. We are on the BA0366 flight from Heathrow to Marseille on 23 Nov, landing at 1030 and then picking the car up to drive to our hotel in Montpellier. We return on 25th probably leaving the hotel around 0330 (ouch) for the 0725 flight back to Heathrow.

On same flight out, as are a few others I am aware of.....but getting train to Montpellier, which is unaffected.

Also on that flight, but couldn't book train. No tickets available on every train I tried to book. Got coach booked instead. £18 return for two of us, bargain.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1673  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Glosteroldboy 11 Nov 2019 12:09 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
Up the jumper wrote:

Also on that flight, but couldn't book train. No tickets available on every train I tried to book. Got coach booked instead. £18 return for two of us, bargain.

On same flight - three of us.. 14:16 train out of Marseilles - should of booked an earlier one but may look at Marseilles before we set off .. (aka - wife goes shopping !! :roll: )
Glosteroldboy
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Nov 2019 12:18 pm said..

Was catching the train from Carcassonne down to Montpellier but confirmed by SNCF that trains will not be running to it from on the Saturday or Monday.

Have got coach down and a nice guy called Christian is doing a car share back for €10 a head on Monday morning (app called Blablacar...it's very good, just hope he's not the axe murderer they're looking for) ...time for lunch in Carcassonne before the flight mid-afternoon.

SNCF are fully refunding fares.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

covglaws 11 Nov 2019 12:24 pm said..

Glosteroldboy wrote:On same flight - three of us.. 14:16 train out of Marseilles - should of booked an earlier one but may look at Marseilles before we set off .. (aka - wife goes shopping !! :roll: )

Be warned the airport is quite a distance from Marsaille.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1673  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 11 Nov 2019 12:53 pm said..

Same flights out , 7 of us, but minibus hired with driver as our travel person forgot the train tickets and none avl for the return journey .
DieTrying

Up the jumper 11 Nov 2019 13:03 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
Glosteroldboy wrote:On same flight - three of us.. 14:16 train out of Marseilles - should of booked an earlier one but may look at Marseilles before we set off .. (aka - wife goes shopping !! :roll: )

Be warned the airport is quite a distance from Marsaille.

Correct - a transfer service from bus stop 6 goes to St Charles station goes every 10 minutes and takes c25 minutes depending upon traffic. Single 10E, return 16E. Based on that we booked the 14.16 train........allowing time for lunch!
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Nov 2019 14:52 pm said..

Lets hope after this Friday night we still have something to play for...some better weather a good Friday night crowd I hope this is the one where it all clicks.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby