Toulouse

Re: Toulouse

stuartjames 13 Nov 2019 13:05 pm said..

Thanks Ken, I can't remember with what regard his father was held by Glos fans, but no doubt his son is an excellent ref !
Posts: 1114  Location: Belgium
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Re: Toulouse

LegendoftAutostrada 13 Nov 2019 13:31 pm said..

Nigel Whitehouse refereed the Challenge Cup final v London Irish, if I recall correctly.
Posts: 96
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

Re: Toulouse

stuartjames 13 Nov 2019 15:37 pm said..

Both excellent referees then !
Posts: 1114  Location: Belgium
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Re: Toulouse

stuartjames 13 Nov 2019 15:48 pm said..

I had to look up the match report, the BBC listing TH prop as J Forster, anyone remember him ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/european/4989032.stm
Posts: 1114  Location: Belgium
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Re: Toulouse

Big Red 13 Nov 2019 15:51 pm said..

stuartjames wrote:I had to look up the match report, the BBC listing TH prop as J Forster, anyone remember him ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/european/4989032.stm


Good little player. Believe he went (back) to Sale and retired fairly early with a bad neck injury.
Posts: 1801
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Re: Toulouse

Castle Grim Reaper 13 Nov 2019 16:08 pm said..

Son of a northern cow farmer, excellent young prop who went back up north to Sale in 2009 and soon retired due to a neck injury (aged about 24).
Posts: 2858  Location: Hell
User avatar
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Re: Toulouse

Glos1012 13 Nov 2019 18:43 pm said..

Toulouse play brilliant rugby. Thankfully they will be without Kolbe. I think Dupont at 9 and Guitoine at 13 are ones to watch. Hopefully we can give them a good run for their money. I recall them keeping racing out in Paris for 50 minutes with 14 men. Fridays at CG are special and let's hope another one is in the offering!
Last edited by Glos1012 on 13 Nov 2019 20:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 522
Glos1012
Hero in the making

Re: Toulouse

Gloucester Mute 13 Nov 2019 20:12 pm said..

It will be tough - especially in the tight - if we play like we did on Saturday.

Of all the French teams Toulouse are the one who can travel.

Some Gloucester 'Dawg will be needed + a very large and raucous Friday night crowd.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1699  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Re: Toulouse

TheOptimistSenior 13 Nov 2019 21:21 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:It will be tough - especially in the tight - if we play like we did on Saturday.

Of all the French teams Toulouse are the one who can travel.

Some Gloucester 'Dawg will be needed + a very large and raucous Friday night crowd.


+1, but remember Jan 2012. Not many thought we would beat them then. We need a very noisy crowd on Friday who are right behind the team for 80+ minutes. I have a good feeling ......!
Posts: 446
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

Re: Toulouse

Big Red 13 Nov 2019 21:25 pm said..

Glos1012 wrote:Toulouse play brilliant rugby. Thankfully they will be without Kolbe. I think Dupont at 9 and Guitoine at 13 are ones to watch. Hopefully we can give them a good run for their money. I recall them keeping racing out in Paris for 50 minutes with 14 men. Fridays at CG are special and let's hope another one is in the offering!


Dupont also out.
Posts: 1801
Big Red
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cherrywhite, Google [Bot], kentishglaws, lucifer, RossM, The Moog and 13 guests