Half-time announcement at Sarries game

Half-time announcement at Sarries game

MattChelt 10 Nov 2019 10:11 am said..

Could somebody please enlighten me on what the half-time announcement yesterday was about? Thanks to the USELESS PA system in The Shed nobody around me could make out what was being said, so I'm none the wiser (and assume many others are also wondering).

The consensus around me was that it was something "exciting", but more than that I'm currently in the dark.
MattChelt
Vice-Captain

Re: Half-time announcement at Sarries game

Pipnick 10 Nov 2019 10:13 am said..

Army and Navy matches will be played at Kingsholm.
Btw....where I was sat in Stowford stand, PA much improved.
Pipnick
Turns out for the A team

coleser 10 Nov 2019 10:16 am said..

I thought the tannoy in the shed was much clearer yesterday.
coleser
Vice-Captain

madders 10 Nov 2019 10:20 am said..

+1
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

covglaws 10 Nov 2019 10:43 am said..

Not for me, couldn't make any of it out.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1667  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Up the jumper 10 Nov 2019 11:30 am said..

Me neither. I stand by the bend in the Shed and the sound is abysmal. The after match "quiz" was equally a muffled bass heavy mush. Nothing discernable. I even tried Shazam which didn't work. Kinda says it's not just my ears!
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Vice-Captain

tigerchef 10 Nov 2019 11:46 am said..

Absolutely mind numbing stupid decision to host Army v Navy at Kingsholm. How the hell are you going to fit 82,000 into 16,000? Just because a few nimbys called Tarquin and Josephine never realised that there was a big stadium at the end of the road, when they moved into their agreeable 4 bed within the commuter belt.
tigerchef
On the board

tigerchef 10 Nov 2019 11:48 am said..

Hang on, scrap my last comment. I just looked at the Twitter feed and it was announced that Army v Navy will be held at Twickenham. So what was announced yesterday?
tigerchef
On the board

natoono 10 Nov 2019 12:31 pm said..

I do get the locals PoV regarding the attitude of the crowd for this match. Going a few years ago it was definitely more boozy than your typical England fixture. However it’s one day a year where the forces can let their hair down and enjoy themselves in the name of their force.

It’s one fixture a year and nothing like your average football game. The locals should put up with it. Or don’t live next to an 82,000 stadium
natoono
Senior squad member

MattChelt 10 Nov 2019 13:04 pm said..

Still none the wise, then. Army v. Navy, or something else...?

Re. the PA in The Shed, I was just on the Worcester Street side of halfway, and nobody around me had a clue what the H/T announcement was about. Could make out there was an announcement being made, but it was just a garbled noise.

How many years have we complained about the lack of a decent PA system in The Shed (admittedly the acoustics of the structure make it difficult, but this is not a classified state secret)? Could somebody attending the Fans Forum on 13th Nov bring it up, please...?
MattChelt
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby