How do we fix the scrum?

Re: How do we fix the scrum?

Nuts 12 Nov 2019 16:38 pm said..

I stand to be corrected but I think the pen against against Fraser B was incorrect as I think the ball was touched in flight from kick. I haven't had chance to watch it back on TV (or brush up on the laws) but live I thought it was harsh.[/quote]

Answer my own question:
http://www.rugbyrefs.com/archive/index.php/t-20111.html
Nuts
Vice-Captain

Creamoftheprop 12 Nov 2019 22:11 pm said..

ryno_chelt wrote:
Creamoftheprop wrote:Watched the front row warm up in front of us at Welford Road and a few Glos fans around me and myself included thought both Hohneck and Balmain looked a lot trimmer. Clearly, you need a fit pack but i wonder with Sav gone, Slater missing and Mostert out, if we're missing old school mass. Need a troll or ogre or two.

Exactly my thoughts, I think Val also looks to have shed a few kgs.

Mostert is absolute clash, but he is a small second row, his mass isn’t going to solve things. Sav didn’t have the same skills, but he had a LOT of grunt and physicality, ideal for scrums and these wet games.

Not easy to quickly solve!

Agreed. On a fair weather track we have a pack to rinse anyone. My concern is that unless we can find a good heavyweight 2nd row (which like TH's are like rocking horse sh!t) then until the weather improves we could struggle in the front 5. Have to say watching the Prem cup as athletic as Lindsell et al looked, i didnt see a lot of 2nd row monsters.
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member

stevieb 13 Nov 2019 09:55 am said..

Nuts wrote:I stand to be corrected but I think the pen against against Fraser B was incorrect as I think the ball was touched in flight from kick. I haven't had chance to watch it back on TV (or brush up on the laws) but live I thought it was harsh.

Answer my own question:
http://www.rugbyrefs.com/archive/index.php/t-20111.html[/quote]

I just read most of that. Wow, who'd be a ref - how complicated!! :?
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Citizen Rob 14 Nov 2019 17:22 pm said..

To answer the question to this topic, bring a Premiership rugby referee to training. Or at least that's the hope for Ackermann. There's been an extra emphasis on the scrum this week. Full story here: http://bit.ly/GlawsScrumFix
Citizen Rob
Vice-Captain

Gloucester Mute 14 Nov 2019 19:20 pm said..

I do find it staggering that professional players don't fully understand either the Laws of the Game OR how to change their game IF different referee's interpretations differ.

Surely that goes back to basic training/skills that players do day-in day-out.

I also don't think that CM-K will be too enamoured - especially as he (like Christophe Ridley) is on Hartpury's doorstep. Next time CM-K is appointed will GRFC's pack be puzzled again ?!?!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2369  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 14 Nov 2019 19:48 pm said..

Who is the pack leader?
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 14 Nov 2019 20:42 pm said..

Ben Morgan I believe.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2369  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

madders 14 Nov 2019 21:49 pm said..

Gloucester Mute, out of interest at what level of rugby did you play?
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

steckers 14 Nov 2019 22:19 pm said..

I don't know about being puzzled but its difficult to do much in the scrum when the ref is letting the other team push early.

Maybe someone needs to start talking to the ref.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Nuts 14 Nov 2019 22:32 pm said..

steckers wrote:I don't know about being puzzled but its difficult to do much in the scrum when the ref is letting the other team push early.

Maybe someone needs to start talking to the ref.

There was about 2,000 people shouting at him Shed-side :D :D
Nuts
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby