How do we fix the scrum?

Re: How do we fix the scrum?

beachy 10 Nov 2019 20:43 pm said..

What is Elliot Stooke up to these days, is he still involved with Bath?
beachy
First team regular

Ken Burney 10 Nov 2019 21:36 pm said..

He was on the bench this weekend.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

BigBatch 11 Nov 2019 16:02 pm said..

The problem is that all referee's used to be Backs, so they have no idea what is going on at scrum time.
They need to have a former prop/forward on TMO watching every scrum so that he can either advise the ref live or point out errors at half time for the ref to look out for.
BigBatch
Senior squad member

Mark from Stroud 11 Nov 2019 17:04 pm said..

BigBatch wrote:The problem is that all referee's used to be Backs, so they have no idea what is going on at scrum time.
They need to have a former prop/forward on TMO watching every scrum so that he can either advise the ref live or point out errors at half time for the ref to look out for.

Perhaps it is time for Nick Wood to step forward?
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Nov 2019 18:34 pm said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:
BigBatch wrote:The problem is that all referee's used to be Backs, so they have no idea what is going on at scrum time.

Good idea, get an ex Gloucester player to ref all our games. Scrum sorted double quick time and I am sure no one would have a problem with it! ;)
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Mark from Stroud 11 Nov 2019 18:49 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
Mark from Stroud wrote:

Good idea, get an ex Gloucester player to ref all our games. Scrum sorted double quick time and I am sure no one would have a problem with it! ;)

I hadn't actually thought of it working quite like that .... perhaps we could say it was to do with player welfare? Who could argue with that? 8-)
Mark from Stroud
On the board

DieTrying 11 Nov 2019 18:56 pm said..

I can imagine there's a video winging it's way to Ref HQ, explaining where errors where made including the no yellow card farce.
DieTrying

shawnsheep 11 Nov 2019 20:20 pm said..

Maybe we need a proper pre-season when the first team actually play regularly together.

Most of this season most of our players look like they haven't played together for a long time.
shawnsheep
Vice-Captain

jeppy89 12 Nov 2019 15:45 pm said..

shawnsheep wrote:Maybe we need a proper pre-season when the first team actually play regularly together.

Most of this season most of our players look like they haven't played together for a long time.

Don't be daft.
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Nuts 12 Nov 2019 16:28 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:I can imagine there's a video winging it's way to Ref HQ, explaining where errors where made including the no yellow card farce.

I stand to be corrected but I think the pen against against Fraser B was incorrect as I think the ball was touched in flight from kick. I haven't had chance to watch it back on TV (or brush up on the laws) but live I thought it was harsh.
Nuts
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby