What I hate about today

What I hate about today

The Vic 09 Nov 2019 22:43 pm said..

We had every single side cheering us on today but could not deliver. We could have put in a huge performance, instead we now have Sarries fans all over social media and former players all mocking us. That performance was absolutely dire, that Sarries may was well take the -35 as they will probably finish above us if we continue to carry on the way we are. I've been fairly kind over social media to Sarries fans, but after today that whole outfit can cease to exist for all I care, may they be swallowed up in a sea of bad debt!! Yours in bitterness
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Re: What I hate about today

steckers 09 Nov 2019 22:51 pm said..

I don't really care about the rest of the premiership - just Gloucester's poor performance.

But I will say, I thought the attitude and behaviour of a handful of some Saracens supporters very poor. By all means support your team. But singing things like Money, Money, Money perhaps showed how infectious a lack of remorse (from Wray) can be.
steckers
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 10 Nov 2019 15:11 pm said..

steckers wrote:But I will say, I thought the attitude and behaviour of a handful of some Saracens supporters very poor. By all means support your team. But singing things like Money, Money, Money perhaps showed how infectious a lack of remorse (from Wray) can be.

Do you really think that the Gloucester supporters were really any better waving wads of fake notes, strapping celery to caps, chanting cheat, cheat, cheat were any better? Yes, everyone may have been 'up for a laugh', but as they say " If you dish it out, you've also got to be able to receive".

No doubt for BT it 'added to the atmosphere' and was worth showing. The result put more egg on our face than Sarries. Fair play to those fans who braved it enough to turn up, 'take the stick' and give it back.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

steckers 10 Nov 2019 15:25 pm said..

A. I said a handful - not all of them.
B. I didn't do any of the things that you mentioned nor did I boo. I didn't see the fake notes although I did see a pic on the BBC.

We are all responsible for our own actions.
steckers
Hall of Famer

chrisj 10 Nov 2019 17:51 pm said..

I thought that yesterday was one of the worst times I have had at CG for many years. Forget the out of sorts performance and the fact that our boys looked as if they'd had a row before coming on and weren't talking to each other :-
I don't like booing at the best of times and was interested that Ackers felt this had fired up Saracens, which I can quite understand, but I was absolutely appalled when the booing went on when they were re-taking the conversion. From where I was, Thorley quite clearly charged before the guy had started his run up to the kick, and my understanding of the laws is that if this is the case, the kick is re-taken
The "you don't know what you're doing" chant needs to be exercised with care. Yesterday it started after, on a couple of occasions, the replay showed the the correct decision had been made - oops !
The match went on far too long. Appreciating the need for due care when their guy was badly injured (and credit for those members of our team who immediately shouted for the ref to stop the match) the continuous interruptions for the water boys just ruins the game - it seemed way worse yesterday and I think referees really need to get a grip on this and keep them off
The time taken on the reviews was quite ridiculous and it just can't carry on like this, again it completely disrupts the game- I didn't think to look at how long the match actually went on for, but it seemed to drag on forever, which may be OK when the sun is shining and we're playing well, but yesterday the sooner it ended the better
chrisj
Turns out for the A team

Return to Gloucester Rugby