Laws of the game question

Laws of the game question

stuartjames 09 Nov 2019 17:21 pm said..

Not related to the game today, but anybody know a good website, where I can post a question about a law, 21.3 specifially, or are there any actual refs on here who can answer a query ? Ta
Posts: 1044  Location: Belgium
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Re: Laws of the game question

Mark from Stroud 09 Nov 2019 17:39 pm said..

While talking laws, is there a sanction against the scrum-half dummying at the base of the ruck? Wigglesworth and Spencer were like demented meercats today.
Posts: 998
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Re: Laws of the game question

Davers 09 Nov 2019 18:17 pm said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:While talking laws, is there a sanction against the scrum-half dummying at the base of the ruck? Wigglesworth and Spencer were like demented meercats today.


Law 15.
16. Players must not:
g. Take any action to make opponents believe that the ruck has ended when it has not.
Posts: 101
Davers
Senior squad member

Re: Laws of the game question

Davers 09 Nov 2019 18:24 pm said..

stuartjames wrote:Not related to the game today, but anybody know a good website, where I can post a question about a law, 21.3 specifially, or are there any actual refs on here who can answer a query ? Ta


Try http://www.rugbyrefs.com/forum.php

What’s your question?
Posts: 101
Davers
Senior squad member

Re: Laws of the game question

stuartjames 09 Nov 2019 19:45 pm said..

Thanks Davers, will take a look.

The referee in my son's U14 match today awarded a penalty to the opposition and the No8 very quickly punted the ball over the bar. It was not a drop kick or a place kick, just a wild hack that went over the bar. Our coach queried the 3 points and the ref quoted law 21.3, I think, but we're still not sure he interpreted the law correctly?
Posts: 1044  Location: Belgium
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Re: Laws of the game question

Major Jasper 09 Nov 2019 19:57 pm said..

Pretty sure he didn't - see law 21.5
Posts: 42  Location: Still up North!!!
User avatar
Major Jasper
Turns out for the A team

Re: Laws of the game question

Davers 09 Nov 2019 20:06 pm said..

The referee was wrong, you can’t score a penalty goal from a punt.
Posts: 101
Davers
Senior squad member

Re: Laws of the game question

Mark from Stroud 09 Nov 2019 20:06 pm said..

Davers wrote:
Mark from Stroud wrote:While talking laws, is there a sanction against the scrum-half dummying at the base of the ruck? Wigglesworth and Spencer were like demented meercats today.


Law 15.
16. Players must not:
g. Take any action to make opponents believe that the ruck has ended when it has not.


Thanks - I thought there was but was looking for the wrong wording.
Posts: 998
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Re: Laws of the game question

Davers 09 Nov 2019 20:10 pm said..

Major Jasper wrote:Pretty sure he didn't - see law 21.5


Law 21.5 When the ball-carrier grounds the ball in in-goal and simultaneously makes contact with the touch line (or the ground beyond), the ball is in touch in the field of play and a lineout is awarded to the opposition.

Not sure this really applies to the scenario quoted; perhaps it’s time to update your law book
Posts: 101
Davers
Senior squad member

Re: Laws of the game question

Major Jasper 09 Nov 2019 20:17 pm said..

Davers wrote:
Major Jasper wrote:Pretty sure he didn't - see law 21.5


Law 21.5 When the ball-carrier grounds the ball in in-goal and simultaneously makes contact with the touch line (or the ground beyond), the ball is in touch in the field of play and a lineout is awarded to the opposition.

Not sure this really applies to the scenario quoted; perhaps it’s time to update your law book


? - World rugby 21.5 refers to scoring a goal from a penalty kick.
Posts: 42  Location: Still up North!!!
User avatar
Major Jasper
Turns out for the A team
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Steve M and 2 guests