Saracens OGT

Re: Saracens OGT

steckers 11 Nov 2019 08:49 am said..

I like the idea of Polledri as an impact sub - but he has to start. With Ackermann and Kriel for me. We cannot afford the luxury of leaving the better ball carriers on the bench.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Asgard 11 Nov 2019 08:52 am said..

Baldhead2 wrote:Harris has yet to find his feet but in time he should add a bit more to the back line.

It wasn't so much his feet on Saturday - I don't think he knew where his hands were.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Citizen Rob 11 Nov 2019 09:14 am said..

Out-fought and out-thought was how I summed up Gloucester's performance. You can read my thoughts here: http://bit.ly/GlawsVerdictSaracens
Citizen Rob
Vice-Captain

plod 11 Nov 2019 09:22 am said..

Apparently we are “fuming” as Danny Cipriani went out after the game. Personally I think the whole team should have been ordered to stand at the Cross wearing dunces’ hats, perhaps not Tom Marshall.
plod
Hall of Famer

theoptimist 11 Nov 2019 14:50 pm said..

Having finally watched the replay of the game I feel informed enough to say that the reffing from minute 62 to 73 was bl@@dy awful.

If that makes me a one eyed supporter who enjoys ref bashing then so be it. It seems that Dayglo and Grayson are Gloucester fans too! Those that defend CMK’s reffing in that period need glasses or to take their own 1 eyed bias off the road.

If CMK had brandished a card after a second scrum penalty (that followed a line out pen on the 5m line) glos would have had 15 minutes to try and find a bonus point score...plus the momentum.

The penalty that led to Sarries second try was also soft. As Dayglo said...the ref had one pulled over his eyes there.

However, discipline was poor, the kicking game inaccurate and handling equally so. With little to no physical dominance and Sarries’ persistent and suffocating defence we deserved the loss.
theoptimist
Hero in the making

Pipnick 11 Nov 2019 22:09 pm said..

Oh, that’s got me tonight! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If someone with more IT nous than me (not tricky) could photoshop something, that might just cheer me up after Saturday’s exploits!

plod wrote:Apparently we are “fuming” as Danny Cipriani went out after the game. Personally I think the whole team should have been ordered to stand at the Cross wearing dunces’ hats, perhaps not Tom Marshall.
Pipnick
Turns out for the A team

BlackCherry 11 Nov 2019 22:17 pm said..

The commentary on the Ch5 Highlights was even crying out for a card for persistent infringments by Sarries. Why didnt the ref get his cards out?
BlackCherry
First team regular

lucifer 11 Nov 2019 22:46 pm said..

Probably for the same reason he didn't when we were conceding multiple penalties in the build up to Saracen's first try.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Number10 12 Nov 2019 06:25 am said..

steckers wrote:I like the idea of Polledri as an impact sub - but he has to start. With Ackermann and Kriel for me. We cannot afford the luxury of leaving the better ball carriers on the bench.

For me Morgan has been our best ball carrier over the last 2 years.
Number10
Hall of Famer

VV 12 Nov 2019 07:46 am said..

Number10 wrote:
steckers wrote:I like the idea of Polledri as an impact sub - but he has to start. With Ackermann and Kriel for me. We cannot afford the luxury of leaving the better ball carriers on the bench.

For me Morgan has been our best ball carrier over the last 2 years.

I wholeheartedly agree. Morgan at 8 for me, then building around him, probably Ackermann at 6 as he provides grunt and then Kriel (just) at 7. Polledri is a bit of a conundrum; on the front foot and in open play he's a game changer but I feel (and this might be heresy) he still needs to develop a more rounded game, especially for those matches when we are up against it. Against Leicester I can't recall seeing him attempt to jackal once and it's the breakdown where we often (as against Sarries) come off second best. Ludlow makes a nuisance of himself but gives away too many dull penalties for my liking; I'm hoping Kriel finds a bit more spark as he did towards the end of last season. We've got a talented set of options, but perhaps stating the obvious, the coaches just need to find the right balance and get the best from each of them.
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
VV
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby