Saracens OGT

Re: Saracens OGT

plod 09 Nov 2019 21:43 pm said..

Toulouse had their big guns back. I wonder if Franco will be available, we need two proper second row forwards.
plod
Hall of Famer

Citizen Rob 09 Nov 2019 21:47 pm said..

There was a big media scrum for Mark McCall, who said he is not thinking of breaking up the Saracens squad despite the salary cap breach: http://bit.ly/McCallSpeaksOut
Citizen Rob
Vice-Captain

lucifer 09 Nov 2019 21:54 pm said..

I don’t think we play the conditions we play a style. It doesn’t usually work in wet conditions but we play it regardless. Our game plan and team selection were both very questionable today, trust JA will be answering
lucifer
Hall of Famer

chris1850 09 Nov 2019 21:57 pm said..

grunter wrote:So we lost to an under strength Leicester team last week and lost to an under strength Saracens team this week. From the possible ten, nine or eight points possible, we managed a paltry one. We could, and should have been top by at least four points but have now slid down the pecking order after a promising start to the season. It is simply not good enough.

Should really have lost at Sale as well if a fairly straightforward kick hadn't hit the post in the last minute
chris1850
First team regular

Asgard 09 Nov 2019 22:13 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:I think I'm right in saying that they can appeal against the sanction - that's what I expect them to do, and I expect it to be reduced

As for having Sanderson at Glaws - that would be fantastic even though it can never happen

From what I understand they can only appeal against the procedure and as the panel was chaired by a retired justice of the Supreme Court I wish them luck.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

steckers 09 Nov 2019 22:27 pm said..

I have no idea why people keep saying they expect it to be reduced.

Firstly there would have to be some flaw in either the process or the harshness of the punishment (and many think they have got off lightly).

The potential uproar will be ridiculous. A couple of people have been outspoken but I suspect many of the club CEOs are sitting quiet right now just waiting. My understanding is their next meeting is in Jan and I'm sure many are waiting until then.

End of the day - they are cheats. I don't care how good they are or if they are nice blokes. Cheats.
steckers
Hall of Famer

The Moog 09 Nov 2019 23:04 pm said..

Cheats or not they beat us today and we played poorly again. I'm not confident for this season at the mo, hope it improves
The Moog
Vice-Captain

Oxford Glaws 09 Nov 2019 23:07 pm said..

tigerchef wrote:Well I for one applaud Gloucester's decision to boycott playing against Sarries. I take my hat off to the management team and players for taking a stand and refusing to engage with them.

Huzzah!

I thought from their exposition of passive resistance the team had decided to join Extinction Rebellion.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer
www.fumblings.net

steckers 09 Nov 2019 23:07 pm said..

Yes they played well and more importantly Gloucester were very poor. Played into their hands.

3 poor performances and 1 ok (against a poor team).
steckers
Hall of Famer

Baldhead2 09 Nov 2019 23:22 pm said..

I just think we lack a game plan or at least proper execution of one.

Cips is a big worry for me at present, he was kicking far too often again and some were dire ... did I just say that about a 10 whose supposed to be our pass master? Cips is quality when doing what he’s good at and he isnt a kicking 10.

now to Braley, he just doesn’t seem to get why we need quick ball, the decision to start him was imho a very poor one.

So For me our starting 9 and 10 killed today.
Baldhead2
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby