Woolfpug Response

Re: Woolfpug Response

Fat Taff 09 Nov 2019 21:51 pm said..

The Vic wrote:
NorthernShedHead wrote:https://twitter.com/Wolfpack_Lager/status/1193225448404258816?s=19

And Big Jim... being Big Jim
Absolute sh#t-housery

He left his contract early as I remember, I don't know why we allow him back. I don't really enjoy their podcasts either.

Yes, he did, and he speaks openly about it, and about his regrets. In his words, it was 'life changing money.' He had a young family, he came from a poor background. Don't be so quick to judge.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

The Vic 09 Nov 2019 22:01 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:
The Vic wrote:
NorthernShedHead wrote:https://twitter.com/Wolfpack_Lager/status/1193225448404258816?s=19

And Big Jim... being Big Jim
Absolute sh#t-housery

He left his contract early as I remember, I don't know why we allow him back. I don't really enjoy their podcasts either.

Yes, he did, and he speaks openly about it, and about his regrets. In his words, it was 'life changing money.' He had a young family, he came from a poor background. Don't be so quick to judge.

Why is it judgemental to ask why we allow him back? Why is he there? Is it necessary to put the bar staff down? Yes he gave his best for Gloucester but he's hardly one of the legends that I love to see at the game.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

nicko88 09 Nov 2019 22:02 pm said..

Imagine the club may consider his media accreditation in the future
nicko88
Senior squad member

Fat Taff 09 Nov 2019 22:07 pm said..

He left his contract early as I remember, I don't know why we allow him back. I don't really enjoy their podcasts either.[/quote]

Yes, he did, and he speaks openly about it, and about his regrets. In his words, it was 'life changing money.' He had a young family, he came from a poor background. Don't be so quick to judge.[/quote]

Why is it judgemental to ask why we allow him back? Why is he there? Is it necessary to put the bar staff down? Yes he gave his best for Gloucester but he's hardly one of the legends that I love to see at the game.[/quote]

Why do we allow him back? He's a former club captain, he should be welcomed with open arms.

If you don't enjoy the Rugby Pod, don't listen, that's pretty straightforward. Who passes your acceptable legend test, is there a set criteria or tick box?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

The Vic 09 Nov 2019 22:12 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:He left his contract early as I remember, I don't know why we allow him back. I don't really enjoy their podcasts either.

Yes, he did, and he speaks openly about it, and about his regrets. In his words, it was 'life changing money.' He had a young family, he came from a poor background. Don't be so quick to judge.[/quote]

Why is it judgemental to ask why we allow him back? Why is he there? Is it necessary to put the bar staff down? Yes he gave his best for Gloucester but he's hardly one of the legends that I love to see at the game.[/quote]

Why do we allow him back? He's a former club captain, he should be welcomed with open arms.

If you don't enjoy the Rugby Pod, don't listen, that's pretty straightforward. Who passes your acceptable legend test, is there a set criteria or tick box?[/quote]

Its opinion hence why we talk about it on a forum, I've no issue with someone disagreeing with me. Fine if someone wants him back, but this seems a bit of a cheap shot to me, which as a former captain I guess i'd expect a bit more.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Neilio44 09 Nov 2019 22:12 pm said..

What a knob. "Who won today?" - certainly not rugby and it's future.

It would be funny.....if he and the cheating were....well, funny.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Neilio44 09 Nov 2019 22:14 pm said..

Neilio44 wrote:What a knob. "Who won today?" - certainly not rugby and it's future.

It would be funny.....if he and the cheating were....well, funny.

Not classy, not funny and quite an embarassing dig from Jim - let himself down there.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

covglaws 10 Nov 2019 09:53 am said..

Can't get too wound up by big Jim's attempt at humour TBH. He's just having a bit of fun, not very well, at our expense, so what?

If he thought that stuff was delicious, I'd get an appointment at the doctor's, if I was him. Get his taste buds examined.

Could have been worse and gone round to Heritage, which I noticed is now open. Looks like one of those brewery tap rooms that spring up in industrial units, but without any decent beer. Doombar, oh dear :o That is not going to entice me away from the Peli.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1673  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby