Focus

Focus

Face 07 Nov 2019 12:33 pm said..

Clearly lots of news this week and Shedweb is alight with debate!

I am concerned for Saturday...….

Its a big game against one of our title rivals ** and a chance to start the season with 3 wins from 4. Lots of press clearly around our opponents and lots of discussion on here as to how we can put the boot into them (Silent run out, music, fake money). Basically lots of distraction away from what actually matters at 3pm on Saturday and that is us winning a rugby match.

I am sure Johan and the staff will keep our boys focused on the game but also think us fans too should not forget what really counts. Lets not get carried away with the fact we are their first game since the news. Lets get behind the boys and make sure we are focused on helping Glaws secure another W at the Holm.

Of course if we are winning comfortably with 10 mins to go then let the banter flow but lets make sure we have 4/5 points to go home with.

**subject to appeals, reviews ect
Face
Senior squad member

Re: Focus

mjad 07 Nov 2019 12:49 pm said..

Agree, there's still a match to win on Saturday despite everything going on around our opposition. The only differences, are we're likely to be backed by the supporters of 10 other teams (this might be the 1 time when a number of our friends from down the A46 will be backing us!) & Sarries have a massive point to prove, so it's going to be much more high profile.

Our 23 must not get caught up in the (social) media frenzy surrounding it & try, as much as possible, to think of it as a normal home match.
Regards
Michael
mjad
Hero in the making

robs1 07 Nov 2019 13:31 pm said..

this could go either way, first perhaps some of the lesser paid lower profile players will think that they are going to get screwed over by these findings and will be sacrificed so their team can keep their stars and thus wont be that motivated on Sat or they may all pull together and play like demons.
robs1
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 07 Nov 2019 13:54 pm said..

Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Andy_M1 07 Nov 2019 14:06 pm said..

And therin lies the arrogance.....................................

"Rumour has it that The Shed is printing money to shower on our “superstars” – only they won’t be there! Therein lies the rub. The very guys who have, apparently, caused our transgression, have been sweating their hearts out in Japan for their country. If we are lucky they will play 7 Premiership Games for us this season. You could be forgiven for wondering why we bother! Whatever the rights and wrongs of this week’s decision, that is why so many Saracens’ supporters feel a sense of injustice."
Andy_M1
Senior squad member

steckers 07 Nov 2019 14:38 pm said..

I don't think the coaches or players will be distracted by this week.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Chalker 07 Nov 2019 14:55 pm said..

Is this Sarries thread 5?
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 07 Nov 2019 14:56 pm said..

Their suggested team of nobodies is tragic, I had hardly heard of most of them, I guess I don't watch much international rugby though :oops:
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

GammoGlos 07 Nov 2019 18:56 pm said..

Andy_M1 wrote:And therin lies the arrogance.....................................

"Rumour has it that The Shed is printing money to shower on our “superstars” – only they won’t be there! Therein lies the rub. The very guys who have, apparently, caused our transgression, have been sweating their hearts out in Japan for their country.

Just a thought. Maybe if they hadn't of broken the rules, some of those players would be at other clubs and they wouldn't have been so affected by the world cup. Only got Nigel to blame.

And as for fake money. We are "Only making plans for Nigel, cuz Nigel needs a helping hand".
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

spanish exile 07 Nov 2019 21:05 pm said..

Sad & worrying thing is that Sarries still have an amazing albeit 'illegal' squad to pick from on Saturday, being realistic this is a very difficult match that normally we would just be grateful to win by 1 point. I hope that Sarries are in disarray but fear backs against the wall type of adversity will bring the best out of them.

They will still have many players that would be welcomed at most clubs - Wrigglesworth, Lozowski, Goode, Isi? (lock), Skelton, Rhodes, Barritt, Wray, lewinton, Tomkins & of course not forgetting Calum Clarke!!
spanish exile
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby