Saturday

Re: Saturday

Lurker 08 Nov 2019 07:45 am said..

We haven’t seen Glos play anywhere near the level we got to last year - I am hoping Saturday is when that happens. I hope the team are suitably fired up - this time with a Bit more reason. We
must play with our heads and let the suits sort out Saracens.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

upton dc 08 Nov 2019 07:48 am said..

It’s going to be very wet again. We need a performance in the wet like we delivered against Wasps, not the one we delivered against Tigers.
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

Clive's Pants 08 Nov 2019 08:00 am said..

Lurker wrote:We haven’t seen Glos play anywhere near the level we got to last year - I am hoping Saturday is when that happens. I hope the team are suitably fired up - this time with a Bit more reason. We must play with our heads and let the suits sort out Saracens.

Agreed. And let's remember next Fri is Toulouse - that is defiantly a game we can not afford to lose. We need to show some of last season's form this week to take into a big performance next week.

Another thought re Saturday: Let's all keep our eyes and ears open for inappropriate behaviour to any Sarries fans that make it - we know that, like all teams, we have some idiots in our supporting ranks.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 08 Nov 2019 15:42 pm said..

Clive's Pants wrote:
Lurker wrote:We haven’t seen Glos play anywhere near the level we got to last year - I am hoping Saturday is when that happens. I hope the team are suitably fired up - this time with a Bit more reason. We must play with our heads and let the suits sort out Saracens.

Another thought re Saturday: Let's all keep our eyes and ears open for inappropriate behaviour to any Sarries fans that make it - we know that, like all teams, we have some idiots in our supporting ranks.

+ 1

Personally I'll be ashamed of any GRFC supporter who boos/is totally silent/turns their back on Saracens t'row.

Fair enough if Nigel Wray appears on screen BUT not to be directed at Sarries players or supporters.

Surely we are brighter, less ignorant and bigger people than that ??

I have been appalled at some of the comments/suggestions on SW/elsewhere this week since this news came out.

Just remember that GRFC allegedly did similar (along with a number of PRL clubs) back in the day and more recently. We/they are not "whiter than white" with regard to the Salary Cap and some on SW need to get off their very high-horses unless they want to appear daft and hypocritical. Hopefully why RW has wound his neck in somewhat...….
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

stevieb 08 Nov 2019 15:44 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Clive's Pants wrote:

+ 1

Personally I'll be ashamed of any GRFC supporter who boos/is totally silent/turns their back on Saracens t'row.

Fair enough if Nigel Wray appears on screen BUT not to be directed at Sarries players or supporters.

Surely we are brighter, less ignorant and bigger people than that ??

I have been appalled at some of the comments/suggestions on SW/elsewhere this week since this news came out.

Just remember that GRFC allegedly did similar (along with a number of PRL clubs) back in the day and more recently. We/they are not "whiter than white" with regard to the Salary Cap and some on SW need to get off their very high-horses unless they want to appear daft and hypocritical. Hopefully why RW has wound his neck in somewhat...….

I think you missed out 'allegedly' again GM. Or do you now have the evidence to share with us?
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 08 Nov 2019 15:51 pm said..

Reading obviously not your strong point stevieb !!

Do you really believe that GRFC never broke the salary cap under Uncle Tom ?? Or is it just because GRFC weren't caught and publicly shamed by PRL ??

I might not have the evidence in black and white BUT I am very, very sure that GRFC/TW were not the angels that you/others blithely trust.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

stevieb 08 Nov 2019 16:22 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Reading obviously not your strong point stevieb !!

Do you really believe that GRFC never broke the salary cap under Uncle Tom ?? Or is it just because GRFC weren't caught and publicly shamed by PRL ??

I might not have the evidence in black and white BUT I am very, very sure that GRFC/TW were not the angels that you/others blithely trust.

My apologies Mutey, you did indeed use the word 'allegedly'. It could be a lack of reading skills or maybe my eyes just glaze over at your repetitive Glos bashing.

We can all speculate but if Glos did overpay then it didn't achieve much. If Glos had gone from zeroes to four title wins then yes it might look a bit more iffy.
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 08 Nov 2019 17:17 pm said..

But GRFC did easily win the League 2 years running stevieb when we were allegedly "cheating" - we just ballsed up in the Final. Obviously that was the fault of the system NOT ours !!

Strange how the memory can become so forgetful when it suits !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Kingfisher 08 Nov 2019 17:21 pm said..

I am slightly concerned that this is not the best time to play sarries as every single one of those players will come out with a big point to prove against us. And with the way the clubs twitter have been sarries bashing in the last few days, with Wolfpack etc, I really really hope we get the win tomorrow as we might come out looking foolish especially with the circus that'll follow sarries around atm.

And to boo the players will only make them more up for it, silence towards would be the best way imo!
Kingfisher
Senior squad member

stevieb 08 Nov 2019 18:00 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:But GRFC did easily win the League 2 years running stevieb when we were allegedly "cheating" - we just ballsed up in the Final. Obviously that was the fault of the system NOT ours !!

Strange how the memory can become so forgetful when it suits !!

Easily?

In 2006 - 07 Glos finished level first on points with Leicester.
In 2007 - 08 Glos finished first, four points (one win) ahead of Wasps.

Ballsed up the finals? Yep. No one wins every time sadly.

A neutral - let alone a supposed supporter - might say, this club have been around 145 seasons. They are one of the best supported clubs in the country and are one of only four clubs to have been ever present in the top division since leagues began in 1987 so it's hardly a surprise that they finish top occasionally. Unlike Saracens, who as I said suddenly went from zeroes to all-conquering.
stevieb
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby