Saturday

Re: Saturday

bun 06 Nov 2019 17:48 pm said..

i think maybe all premiership clubs should refuse to play sarries .i agree with mr rowe exeter they should be kicked out of the league
bun
On a trial

Nuts 06 Nov 2019 18:12 pm said..

Without doubt, Sarries are circling the wagons. Even before this week's announcements, they have always been good at feeding off the 'special Sarries / wolfpack' mentality.

I, for one, am really worried that their B (or is it C team :D ?) will be coming here with a massive point to prove - and points to be made/won. Irrelevant of salary, Sarries players are good at 'top two inches.' They come with bucket loads of motivation.

Firing them up further is probably not going to help. Who else remembers that only a few short weeks ago Freddie (& Bath) responded to some half-hearted jeers and put in a match-winning performance.

Certainly the Nuts supporting group will offer any visiting supporters welcoming words. Probably we will welcome the visiting players onto the pitch with dignified silence.

Without doubt, what we will definitely do endorse our club, coaches and players, with loud support during the match. Above all else, we hope to send Saracens home with the delight of a home victory ringing in their ears.

I am anxious, but if we win, I will see it as one of the best victories I will have witnessed in almost 40 years of support. I would far rather be hollering in delight at a victory than anything else.

Let's not forget either that most of this week's team wont' be affected by 'the extra-cap extras'. Some of their young players are now potentially playing for a contract. If salaries have to be cut, some of these guys will probably be the fall guys.

I really hope our players can match the Sarries for effort and motivation.
Nuts
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 06 Nov 2019 18:34 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Does Nigel Wray really have a'vastly over-inflated ego'? Everyone I know who has met him says he's a proper rugby man, who has spent millions of his money supporting his team. Of course he has gone too far in this case, but 'vastly over-inflated ego', 'psychopath' or 'sociopath'? Really? I always think it's best to reserve judgement until you've actually met someone - it's surprising how nice some people with poor reputations are.

Personally I think the best response would be to find a Sarries fan, have a chat, commiserate, and have a beer with them.

Yes I really do believe that by his actions over at least the last 3 years. I don’t need to meet someone to see and hear what he does. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. That is mine and I suspect many others too. I will always carry out your last paragraph but a coke on my part as I don’t drink
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

The Vic 06 Nov 2019 19:00 pm said..

I would like us to respond purely by beating them. I'd rather be sanctimonious in victory, far more enjoyable and as a Scotsman its not something I get to do all that often
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Russglos 06 Nov 2019 20:10 pm said..

After given this more thought, I'd now like to see GR supporters unroll a banner that says, "Gloucester Rugby Supporters Continue to Welcome and Respect Saracens' Supporters.
Sometimes, it's what you leave out that matters. (I still haven't worked out whether players should be mentioned as well as supporters.)
Russglos
Hero in the making

LowerO 06 Nov 2019 20:28 pm said..

Unless there is a way of coordinating everyone’s behaviour then any silent act will fail. The offences have been years in the making and a source of massive frustration for all non-Sarries fans. Personally I have no problem in showing my anger vociferously, and booing loudly. I fully understand “it’s not the done thing” but it’s a damn sight less disgusting than what Nigel Wray has been doing to the sport I love and then further exacerbating the situation by suggesting his club are guilty of nothing.

Oh and whilst I have NO doubt there are many many honest and decent Sarries supporters, I still recall the arrogant and belittling attitude of a number around me at the semi-final last season.
LowerO
Hero in the making

timrob1969 06 Nov 2019 20:39 pm said..

Nice subtle response from MrB on Twitface.

"For some reason tickets for our game against Saracens have been flying out the door since yesterday.

If you haven't got yours yet do please be quick. It's looking like it's going to be sell out.

And as I'm sure you know, a rocking Kingsholm is a truly money-can't-buy experience"
timrob1969
Senior squad member

TheOptimistSenior 06 Nov 2019 20:48 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Does Nigel Wray really have a'vastly over-inflated ego'? Everyone I know who has met him says he's a proper rugby man, who has spent millions of his money supporting his team. Of course he has gone too far in this case, but 'vastly over-inflated ego', 'psychopath' or 'sociopath'? Really? I always think it's best to reserve judgement until you've actually met someone - it's surprising how nice some people with poor reputations are....

Perhaps that's a feature of sociopaths!? Not that I know anything about it! ;)
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

PeteG 06 Nov 2019 20:53 pm said..

My preferred choice is utter silence when they run out. No booing, no cat calls (later)
I have 100 fake £50 pound notes available that can be waved at them though!
Last edited by PeteG on 06 Nov 2019 21:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteG
Senior squad member

theoptimist 06 Nov 2019 20:55 pm said..

TheOptimistSenior wrote:
Glen Sannox wrote:Does Nigel Wray really have a'vastly over-inflated ego'? Everyone I know who has met him says he's a proper rugby man, who has spent millions of his money supporting his team. Of course he has gone too far in this case, but 'vastly over-inflated ego', 'psychopath' or 'sociopath'? Really? I always think it's best to reserve judgement until you've actually met someone - it's surprising how nice some people with poor reputations are....

Perhaps that's a feature of sociopaths!? Not that I know anything about it! ;)

:lol: :lol: Think it’s more a feature of a psychopath... they’re aware of society’s expectations and are adept at manipulating and scheming for personal gain whilst retaining an appearance of being ‘decent folk’...
theoptimist
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby