Saturday

Re: Saturday

Peanutcoxy 06 Nov 2019 13:21 pm said..

I’ve always been of the view that we all give over our hard earned to watch the game we love; both home and away supporters. For the vast vast majority, we have no animosity towards anyone and the same goes vice versa. Of course there are overly blinkered ones at all clubs but these are few and far between. I would never dream of giving our guest supporters a hard time and would like to think that would be reciprocated if the boot was on the other foot.

My view on Saracens as a club with Wray at the helm is nothing but disdain for what they have done to the Premiership and, by extension, European competition. I agree with the Chief’s CEO completely. They should be thrown out of the Premiership and European competition and their trophies taken away.

Camel made a great point earlier about players being just as culpable (receiving known stolen goods is just as bad as stealing them), but shouldn’t be punished. The problem is that not all of them appear to have benefitted so it would seem harsh to tar them both the same brush but I have my suspicions.

I haven’t decided what I will do when they come out on Saturday (even if they do if other reports are true). I will just be sad that one man can ruin the sport by being allowed to run roughshod over agreed rules and thinking he can get away with it because he has more money than everyone else (apart from Mr L at Bristol); he is a disgrace to our sport and no amount of argument will change my view.
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

JamesK 06 Nov 2019 13:36 pm said..

vitesse wrote:To a point, yes... but some of them have an attitude of it's all someone elses fault and posting stuff like 'Glos choose to play sarries when all our players are at international'..... Those 'fans' need educating.....

It's often a struggle to interpret the tone of a post on a forum. It might be worth clarifying that you're not suggesting that this education should be imposed on Sarries fans who come to Kingsholm on Sat.

I'll be mostly focusing on what Gloucester are doing on Sat.
JamesK
Vice-Captain

vitesse 06 Nov 2019 13:40 pm said..

JamesK wrote:
vitesse wrote:To a point, yes... but some of them have an attitude of it's all someone elses fault and posting stuff like 'Glos choose to play sarries when all our players are at international'..... Those 'fans' need educating.....

It's often a struggle to interpret the tone of a post on a forum. It might be worth clarifying that you're not suggesting that this education should be imposed on Sarries fans who come to Kingsholm on Sat.

I'll be mostly focusing on what Gloucester are doing on Sat.

I'll be mostly shouting my 'education' at them on the TV. One of the many things that boil my pish is these supporters that will not see things like 'Glos choose to play sarries at international weekends' is complete tosh and they need to wake up....
Posts: 306  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 06 Nov 2019 14:24 pm said..

The Game is on TV so a deafening silence as they take to the pitch will "heard" more than any booing. As for theiir supporters? If any sit near me, I'll enjoy the banter more. :D
DieTrying

theoptimist 06 Nov 2019 16:15 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:The Game is on TV so a deafening silence as they take to the pitch will "heard" more than any booing. :D

Agreed. Booing will appear pantomime. Silence would make a beautifully clear point...especially if followed with the most deafening chorus of “glawwssster...”
theoptimist
Hero in the making

Peanutcoxy 06 Nov 2019 16:20 pm said..

theoptimist wrote:
DieTrying wrote:The Game is on TV so a deafening silence as they take to the pitch will "heard" more than any booing. :D

Agreed. Booing will appear pantomime. Silence would make a beautifully clear point...especially if followed with the most deafening chorus of “glawwssster...”

I wasn’t decided how I would react but I now reckon that silence would be highly appropriate. However, add to that, everyone in the stadium turn their backs to the pitch. On TV that would speak a thousand words
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 06 Nov 2019 16:20 pm said..

I normally applaud the opposition albeit briefly when they come on to the pitch. I shall vigorously not applaud them at all... that'll make them think twice next time ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

TOBIAS 06 Nov 2019 16:26 pm said..

Let s just not get our balls out this will be a very difficult encounter
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

tigerchef 06 Nov 2019 16:30 pm said..

Turning your backs, silence, booing etc as the oppostion take the pitch?

Bloody well grow-up.
tigerchef
Hall of Famer

Smudger 06 Nov 2019 16:37 pm said..

+ 1 Tigerchef
Smudger
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby