Saturday

Re: Saturday

Castle Grim Reaper 06 Nov 2019 09:06 am said..

Trouble is, if 70% of the Kingsholm crowd stay silent they will think they are playing at home :D
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

theoptimist 06 Nov 2019 09:08 am said..

:lol: Which one? From the sounds of it the senior players have about 200 homes between them...
theoptimist
Hero in the making

Lewi7 06 Nov 2019 09:39 am said..

There are plenty of Sarries supporters that have been in open denial for a long time, defending the Club. Distinguishing between these and those that disagreed with the practice isn't easy.
Posts: 3686  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Steve M 06 Nov 2019 09:44 am said..

Lewi7 wrote:There are plenty of Sarries supporters that have been in open denial for a long time, defending the Club. Distinguishing between these and those that disagreed with the practice isn't easy.

If you spot one at Kingsholm try talking to them ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Smudger 06 Nov 2019 12:44 pm said..

I have chosen not to comment thus far on any of the threads about Sarries misdemeanours but SR’s comment struck a chord.
I have known one of the senior guys in the Saracens Supporters Club for 25 plus years and he has been nothing but humble about the whole thing. His club has been tarnished forever by Mr Wray and his bean counters. I hope everyone at the game takes a few seconds to stop and think about how they would feel if this had happened at our club. He was bringing 70 odd people on Saturday but many have decided to stay away, many because they are nervous about how they will be received.
We are all entitled to our opinions about what has gone on but for goodness sake remember these people are genuine supporters who love the game just as much as we do. Show them some humility and respect on Saturday and save your vitriol for those responsible.
Smudger
Senior squad member

Glosteroldboy 06 Nov 2019 12:52 pm said..

Smudger wrote:I have chosen not to comment thus far on any of the threads about Sarries misdemeanours but SR’s comment struck a chord.
I have known one of the senior guys in the Saracens Supporters Club for 25 plus years and he has been nothing but humble about the whole thing. His club has been tarnished forever by Mr Wray and his bean counters. I hope everyone at the game takes a few seconds to stop and think about how they would feel if this had happened at our club. He was bringing 70 odd people on Saturday but many have decided to stay away, many because they are nervous about how they will be received.
We are all entitled to our opinions about what has gone on but for goodness sake remember these people are genuine supporters who love the game just as much as we do. Show them some humility and respect on Saturday and save your vitriol for those responsible.

Well said .... I’m having a meal in the 1873 with four Saracens Supporters who were very close to cancelling ... still not sure about two of them still but have said to them, come to the game have a beer or three and just enjoy the atmosphere as they have done in previous seasons ...
Glosteroldboy
Senior squad member

Camel 06 Nov 2019 12:52 pm said..

Smudger wrote:I have chosen not to comment thus far on any of the threads about Sarries misdemeanours but SR’s comment struck a chord.

Absolutely spot on.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

VV 06 Nov 2019 12:53 pm said..

Smudger wrote:I have chosen not to comment thus far on any of the threads about Sarries misdemeanours but SR’s comment struck a chord.............
........We are all entitled to our opinions about what has gone on but for goodness sake remember these people are genuine supporters who love the game just as much as we do. Show them some humility and respect on Saturday and save your vitriol for those responsible.

I'm very much with Smudger; first post on topic and let's just get on with the game and leave the authorities to deal with Sarries. This is a match we should be winning (which equally applied to last week) and we don't need any distractions. Any vocal input should be directed at supporting our team and the best response to the situation is getting out on the paddock and collecting 5 points!
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
VV
Senior squad member

Lambpie 06 Nov 2019 12:56 pm said..

VV wrote:
Smudger wrote:I have chosen not to comment thus far on any of the threads about Sarries misdemeanours but SR’s comment struck a chord.............
........We are all entitled to our opinions about what has gone on but for goodness sake remember these people are genuine supporters who love the game just as much as we do. Show them some humility and respect on Saturday and save your vitriol for those responsible.

I'm very much with Smudger; first post on topic and let's just get on with the game and leave the authorities to deal with Sarries. This is a match we should be winning (which equally applied to last week) and we don't need any distractions. Any vocal input should be directed at supporting our team and the best response to the situation is getting out on the paddock and collecting 5 points!

+1
Lambpie
Hero in the making

vitesse 06 Nov 2019 12:59 pm said..

To a point, yes... but some of them have an attitude of it's all someone elses fault and posting stuff like 'Glos choose to play sarries when all our players are at international'..... Those 'fans' need educating.....
Posts: 306  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby