Saturday

Re: Saturday

Phil W 05 Nov 2019 20:07 pm said..

As others have said, we don't want to stoke a Saracens fire this weekend. Their club will be hurting and they'll be massively up for this with a no one likes us we don't care attitude. We will have to be on our game and other than the usual banter let's channel energy into getting behind the team.
Phil W
Vice-Captain

Pieman 05 Nov 2019 20:52 pm said..

Sorries will be so up for this game, it’s a real danger for us. We should all show humility, grace and respect to the sorries fans, and show respect to their players too. There is no need to piss them off any further.

If however, Mr Wray, decides to make a public announcement on telly, or if he wishes, in the middle of the pitch, he should get both barrels. As the top man at their club, the ‘buck’ stops with him.

I’ve said before, that I don’t value a loss to sorries as much as other clubs because the suspicion of financial doping has been around for a long time. But it would be a very sorries thing to do to smash us at the weekend, and that I would hate.
Pieman
Vice-Captain

Steve M 05 Nov 2019 20:54 pm said..

Pieman wrote: But it would be a very sorries thing to do to smash us at the weekend, and that I would hate.

With their still 'illegally financed' team...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Steve M 06 Nov 2019 00:50 am said..

Just treat it as any other game.

The villain in this story, IMO, is the most objectionable Mr Wray and we should direct all our animosity in his direction as should Sarries fans - the both of them.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 06 Nov 2019 05:57 am said..

Either one of: complete and utter silence when they run out on to the pitch (possibly coupled with standing and turning backs on them) OR everyone in the stadium booing them as loudly as humanly possible.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

upton dc 06 Nov 2019 07:49 am said..

Tuffty wrote:Either one of: complete and utter silence when they run out on to the pitch (possibly coupled with standing and turning backs on them) OR everyone in the stadium booing them as loudly as humanly possible.

I can only see one of those happening at Kingsholm. And Kingsholm is not a quiet place to watch rugby. :D
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 06 Nov 2019 08:20 am said..

The world's press will be at KIngsholm on Saturday....our reaction and behaviour will be under a lot of scrutiny.....no doubt they'll be able to get some great knee jerk quotes.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Steve M 06 Nov 2019 08:33 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:The world's press will be at KIngsholm on Saturday....our reaction and behaviour will be under a lot of scrutiny.....no doubt they'll be able to get some great knee jerk quotes.

and if they dont they'll make some up
Steve M
Hall of Famer

RossM 06 Nov 2019 08:49 am said..

If Wray has any balls at all, then he should be at Kingsholm with his club and be seen visibly supporting it. After all, it could be worse. The estate agents could be going to Sandy Park :lol:
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
RossM
Vice-Captain

theoptimist 06 Nov 2019 09:04 am said..

I’ll be opting for complete silence especially because the norm is for us to make noise at CG. No need to turn backs either.

Booing will be expected, will appear pantomime and will support the Not Sorries apologists out there who think other clubs are just jealous of their success.

Silence would say a lot more.
theoptimist
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby