Saturday

Re: Saturday

Sheddy Mcshedface 08 Nov 2019 18:53 pm said..

More than anything this weekends game is Remberance weekend and Gloucester have just announced their kit for the occasion so would be good to think that we can be on best behaviour.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 08 Nov 2019 18:55 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:More than anything this weekends game is Remberance weekend and Gloucester have just announced their kit for the occasion so would be good to think that we can be on best behaviour.

+1
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 08 Nov 2019 19:06 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Reading obviously not your strong point stevieb !!

Do you really believe that GRFC never broke the salary cap under Uncle Tom ?? Or is it just because GRFC weren't caught and publicly shamed by PRL ??

I might not have the evidence in black and white BUT I am very, very sure that GRFC/TW were not the angels that you/others blithely trust.

Good you have no evidence, you keep whining like a Bath fan, then stop going on about it.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

hipster 08 Nov 2019 19:14 pm said..

Recently moved into the Cotswolds area and coming to my first game tomorrow.

Coming along the A417 from the east. Any top tips as to where to park?
I don't mind a good brisk 15-20 minute walk to the stadium, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
hipster
On a trial

Peanutcoxy 08 Nov 2019 19:22 pm said..

hipster wrote:Recently moved into the Cotswolds area and coming to my first game tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome Hipster. Easiest is the multi-storey by the bus station but there are plenty of other areas eg b&q, railway station, lots of small car parks within 10 mins walk of the ground
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 08 Nov 2019 19:24 pm said..

Winfield Hospital @ Longford, a few quid for charity and not a 10 minute walk...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

theoptimist 08 Nov 2019 19:28 pm said..

You’ll be ashamed of a few tomorrow then Mute...me included.

I’ll be silent when they come on to the field, I’ve posted already how this links to my diminished respect for this team.

To lay all blame at Wray’s feet is nonsensical to me, to think he was a lone actor is, IMHO, daft. When explaining their success, Saracens players and staff have made a big deal of their ‘family’ and the special something that Saracens have built. If success was due to all then all must shoulder the burden when things fall short. Don’t think blaming the sugar daddy is the simple answer. Blame is a complex beast at the best of times and for me, my silence as Saracens enter the not so level playing field tomorrow is a suitably respectful way of communicating my lack of respect for their actions in a situation where I’d be expected to clap or cheer. Equally, as and when appropriate, I’ll be silent as a mark of respect to the fallen because the situation dictates that to be respectful, I’m expected to be silent.

If you want to politely clap when Sarries come on then I’ll respect your decision.

You talk a lot of sense sometimes but you also make some fantastical inferences from the posts of others. I’m sure that all Glos fans would be distraught if any evidence of salary cap breaches came to light...I for one wouldn’t be cheering the team on to the pitch and would question whether I would want to continue supporting a dishonest club. I, like you, suspect that you’re right about uncle Tom’s cheque book and it’s influence. One big difference is that this stopped at Glos...whereas Saracens, in spite of being caught and having it clearly spelt out to them that their actions were dishonest, continued to cheat.
theoptimist
Hero in the making

Kingfisher 08 Nov 2019 20:43 pm said..

hipster wrote:Recently moved into the Cotswolds area and coming to my first game tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

As posted above there's lots including charity parking :)
If you're looking for free parking, up by the girls school on Denmark road is street parking and 10mins away. Be wary that at sellout (I think it's close) the roads around the city are pretty busy so essentially the further you park out closer to junctions and roundabouts the better the traffic will be. There's also a park and ride at the EDF site in barnwood which might be handy as you'd drive past there anyway, however I've never used it.
Kingfisher
First team regular

hipster 09 Nov 2019 00:26 am said..

Thank you for all the advice.
Very happy to contribute towards any charity...so will look towards any of those options that take me closer to the stadium.

I haven't read (on here) all the comments and sensitivities towards the Sarries situation.
But as an avid rugby fan...I do want to make my voice heard.
I will be giving their team (Sarries) a good old Pantomime Boo tomorrow.
Not all the time....but just in one singular moment.
I do think a good 'Boo' is a wonderful British way of expressing one's disapproval at some slightly devious and unscrupulous behaviour.

It's not inflammatory or particularly rude.
But it simply highlights the contempt I have for the shenanigans Nigel Wray has tried to exert over every other team in the Premiership...and all their opposing fans.

A good Boo.
And a good game.
Hopefully, a great game.
hipster
On a trial

Steve M 09 Nov 2019 02:55 am said..

hipster wrote:A good Boo. And a good game. Hopefully, a great game.

I'd settle for a poor game and a win truth be told ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby