Saracens sanction

Re: Saracens sanction

Oxford Glaws 29 Nov 2019 07:48 am said..

Russglos wrote:
I'll tell you what really bugs me though, shall I?

Both of our in house authors have let us down this season and they are?
Your good self and Alt.

I don't know if you are connected,
But have you and Alt defected?
The poems and prose,
You delivered in troves,
Are now missing and I feel neglected. (With apologies to proper writer types).

Thank you for your message. I am currently on sabbatical at the Rudolph Giuliani Center for International Relations (formerly Trump University). I will reply upon my return from Kiev.

Kind Regards
Dr Obidiah Georgopolous
Sondland Visiting Fellow in Applied Political Economy
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 29 Nov 2019 08:33 am said..

Bath v Saracens tonight....how delightful.

Guscott seams very quiet on the topic of cheating. There has been a long interregnum...but a worthy successor to the Bath team of that era has been found.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Chalker 29 Nov 2019 10:37 am said..

How sad that I'm really looking forward to watching this game tonight. It will be interesting to hear the comments of the pundits and the representatives of both clubs, or rather what they don't say!
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Nuts 29 Nov 2019 10:40 am said..

coleser wrote:Nail on head. I hate Gloucester losing any match but the only silver lining from our loss at home to the Saracens ‘B’ team was that it further indicated that their squad is well dodgy.

Sorry but I disagree with this as I don't think you can draw your conclusion from the result . Their squad on the day played well and had a resilience & determination -and team approach - we couldn't match. On paper, our team was as good, if not better than theirs. Plus we were at home. For all the salary BS, the Sarries team went out & performed on the day - let's give credit* where it's due, to their coaches & players on the day.

(*Obviously when your pockets are as deep as Nigel W, you don't actually need credit... :lol: )
Nuts
Vice-Captain

CMGC 29 Nov 2019 10:48 am said..

It may have been Sarries B team but they still started the game with 8 full ints as opposed to our 4 . Both had 3-4 Ints on the bench. However they did play better and as more of a team but to suggest they were weaker on paper is highly subjective.
CMGC

Glen Sannox 29 Nov 2019 11:00 am said..

To put it succinctly: we were crap and they were very good.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 29 Nov 2019 11:35 am said..

I don’t think Coleser is making excuses for the result. We all recognise they were the better team on the night. The point is that they were still able to field so much talent and so many internationals.
Lebowski

Lewi7 29 Nov 2019 11:56 am said..

Therein lies one of the issues - their strength in depth vs everyone else's.

With their international absentees and injuries they were still stronger / better than us, sure we didn't help ourselves and played poorly, but our SiD can't match their's.
Posts: 3688  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby