Saracens sanction

Re: Saracens sanction

steckers 12 Nov 2019 18:02 pm said..

And the ‘administrative error’ comment is also from saracens but is getting misused.

Alastair ekeyn did a short summary on bt sport. Included in the things they did wrong was exceeding the salary cap. I suspect this is the part most of us care about. I believe it is the investments/commercial enterprises that have put them over.

But for me, its Saracens behaviour and attitude since the announcement that makes my blood boil!
steckers
Hall of Famer

CMGC 12 Nov 2019 18:09 pm said..

To be honest i don't think it matters too much whether it was reckless/ deliberate or any other superlative come to that. If they broke the cap after the warnings of a few seasons back then they deserve the book to be thrown.
After the last whitewash we were all promised that this would never happen again. Sarries must have been out of the room that day. They knew what they were doing and thought they were been too cleaver by half in getting round the rules year after year. They could have asked for clarification but chosen to sit silent. Ok so they can now quietly take the flack.
Since the PRL is a rich boys cartel I guess they can make up whatever tsanctions they wish. Sadly it seems the RFU have no role to play.
I would still like to see the RFU use this mess to stap in a take back control of th ePro game and then ensure some even handed play. They are partial numpties some of the time but less bent than PRL.
CMGC

colinboag 12 Nov 2019 19:00 pm said..

How would you suggest the RFU takes back control - genuinely interested
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 12 Nov 2019 19:38 pm said..

steckers wrote:
But for me, its Saracens behaviour and attitude since the announcement that makes my blood boil!

They believe they've done no wrong. The panel has published nothing but it's judgement. How do you expect them to behave?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 12 Nov 2019 19:43 pm said..

CMGC wrote:To be honest i don't think it matters too much whether it was reckless/ deliberate or any other superlative come to that. If they broke the cap after the warnings of a few seasons back then they deserve the book to be thrown.
After the last whitewash we were all promised that this would never happen again. Sarries must have been out of the room that day. They knew what they were doing and thought they were been too cleaver by half in getting round the rules year after year. They could have asked for clarification but chosen to sit silent. Ok so they can now quietly take the flack.
Since the PRL is a rich boys cartel I guess they can make up whatever tsanctions they wish. Sadly it seems the RFU have no role to play.
I would still like to see the RFU use this mess to stap in a take back control of th ePro game and then ensure some even handed play. They are partial numpties some of the time but less bent than PRL.

Apart from the RFU taking control (we’ve never seen eye to eye on this!) I agree completely!
Lebowski
Dude

steckers 12 Nov 2019 19:55 pm said..

Regardless whether by accident, mistake or error of judgement they have done something wrong.

I understand some like to play devil's advocate but I refuse to believe there is a single person that would argue against that.

So a little contrition would be a start.

You don't get fines and penalties like this for simple administrative errors.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 12 Nov 2019 20:10 pm said..

steckers wrote:Regardless whether by accident, mistake or error of judgement they have done something wrong.

I understand some like to play devil's advocate but I refuse to believe there is a single person that would argue against that.

So a little contrition would be a start.

You don't get fines and penalties like this for simple administrative errors.

Steckers, neither looking to argue nor play devils advocate. As far as I can see, all we have is a judgement with no substance of justification.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Tj36 12 Nov 2019 20:15 pm said..

chumba wrote:For the purposes of political balance i think FT needed to add that Wray is not promising to reverse cancel the result of the Brexit referendum, nor is he an avowed terrorist sympathiser........

Superb!
Tj36
Vice-Captain

RTS2 12 Nov 2019 20:50 pm said..

PRL are in my opinion (as I have said) lame ducks. It's somewhat naive to anticipate them suddenly become a reformed body. It isn't going to happen. There is only one way in which this getting sorted.

IF there are any " innocent" teams in this league; then they need to make a stance by calling an emergency meeting and to establish internally (and if needs be confidentially) a method of reviewing which teams may have broken the rules. It can be agreed to take place at the end of this season; and if needs be also agreed that the new season will not start until full review of procedures and accountability has been established. If most clubs have absolutely nothing to hide, then this is basic stuff.

I sense that too many clubs are remaining "silent". Why? I have the utmost respect for Mr Rowe....

IF any side has cheated, then they should IMO be granted (as I have already suggested) an amnesty of sorts.

I am convinced that Sarries sanction will be upheld. It's highly unlikely that they will present any kind of legal challenge if it is. Even their HC has been reported as saying that if the points reduction isn't revoked, that their squads focus will be on avoiding relegation. Wray has publicly admitted things to an extent. An administrative oversight would most likely not stand up in court if this was a judicial matter.

Cont :-
Last edited by RTS2 on 12 Nov 2019 20:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 12 Nov 2019 20:51 pm said..

Whether what has happened was intentionally designed to break the rules is not the issue. It is whether it has broken the rules that counts!

There is NO legal basis for this matter to be judged. It cannot be brought before a judiciary. I am somehow sure that neither Sarries nor maybe certain clubs want this to be investigated any deeper. Neither (I suspect) do the PRL.

We are all the losers in this; along with any "clean" sides and those who are stakeholders in the league. Almost above and beyond the sport loses too!

Someone must now have the Ba**s and stand up and be counted.

We lost a potentially very significant stakeholder in our club due to the interpretation of rules which were strictly applied and voted for. It shows that when some people's interests are at stake then decisions can be made, and rules applied to the letter.

IF PRL cannot do their job then it becomes a reasonable assumption that they are representing interests which conflict with the spirit of the game of rugby itself and we all become unsuspecting participators in paying very good money to watch a sport that is actually there for the benefit of the England team ??; and not for the people who pay to watch it. The few (players) get the advantages and the majority get the leftovers. In respect of England representation; we as a club hardly even get the crumbs!

The RFU run it ??……please no - never!!!!!!

What do we get left with ????…. an unfair competition (is this sport?) which is seemingly being run by a conflict of interests.
RTS2
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby