Saracens sanction

Re: Saracens sanction

robs1 10 Nov 2019 16:58 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:In most other businesses their employees don't retire in their 20's or early 30s. Yes these guys are on big salaries, but they need to do something with the rest of their lives ...there have been too many instances of players suffering mental health issues after their careers are over. What I would like to see is players having a proper route forward for the rest of their lives after rugby, and I think it's just a responsible thing for their employers to help with that (within the rules, which should be changed so that it can happen)

The rules allow it now, as long as it is under the cap, sarries cheated that cap and are using your argument as an excuse, if it was under the cap we wouldn't be disagreeing, there is no reason at all why they couldnt do it under rules as long as it didnt break the cap, all they had to was ask, why didnt they especially as they had been caught breaking the rules before
robs1
Hall of Famer

Alex 10 Nov 2019 17:03 pm said..

The arrogance and disregard to the values of the game, and lack of contrition and apology, leave me with no sympathy towards Saracens whatsoever.

Nigel Wray cares only about his own team winning regardless of the consequences, and should be banned from owning a premiership team
Alex
Senior squad member

Asgard 10 Nov 2019 17:04 pm said..

Players do qualify for the dispensation to take their pensions early alongside other professional sportsmen but obviously only the high earners would be able to amass a big pot before they retire from the game. As regards not intending to cheat I find it difficult to understand why it took so long to advise Prem Rugby of the schemes especially as they appear to have started 3 years ago - not that long after the last salary cap infringement. Surely it would have been wiser to check at the time?
Asgard
Hall of Famer

steckers 10 Nov 2019 17:19 pm said..

I believe it's irresponsible because it excuses cheating. Look if some of you want an English premiership football type league where it's ultimately all about money then fine - but for me, rugby still has some values. Yes it's a professional game but it still retains 'something' that other sports don't.

Saracens broke the rules - FACT
Other clubs are jealous - OPINION (and not an INFORMED OPINION)
Saracens have a great culture and coaching set up - IRRELEVANT

There used to be a saying that 'cheats never prosper' - well maybe they do after all.

I'm perfectly happy for the players to have investments etc after they finish playing. In fact, I think that's great that Hamilton etc have the beer as an example.

Re the current investments in question, I wonder how much time Owen Farrell actually spends looking at properties, hanging wall paper etc ( :D ). I can't help wonder if his name is listed as a director (or whatever role he has) so they can throw some more money his way. Obviously I don't know the answer but I'm suspicious.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 10 Nov 2019 17:31 pm said..

So what happens about this season, Saracens are clearly breaching the cap again so do we have to go through all this again?
Lord Lucan

ElmbridgeGlaws 10 Nov 2019 17:44 pm said..

Gloucester will come good, we got beat by a team of greedy cheats yesterday.

A non game. Every other game Sarries play will be tarnished as dirty and absolutely pointless.

I hope they get relegated and Nigel Wray sells them so they start again with a new owner who loves rugby and not only abides by the salart cap but also believes in it.

Their success is tarnished with dirt and will be for eternity.
ElmbridgeGlaws
Senior squad member

ElmbridgeGlaws 10 Nov 2019 17:58 pm said..

As far as I'm concerned.

2012 Harlequins
2013 Leicester
2014 Northampton
2015 Saracens??
2016 Saracens??
2017 Exeter
2018 Was no winner (Salary cap breach)
2019 Was no winner (Salary cap breach)
ElmbridgeGlaws
Senior squad member

Paul Simmons 10 Nov 2019 18:04 pm said..

Bath and Sarries both paid penalties for a breach in 2015. Clearly Sarries were cheating before then and since.
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

Raz 10 Nov 2019 19:27 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:So what happens about this season, Saracens are clearly breaching the cap again so do we have to go through all this again?

Was chatting with someone about this and concluded they may well not be breaking the cap this year ?
The issue seems to be from the ‘investments’ if those investments have been set up each year for the last three years for different players, with a lump sum in those years, the payment has been made then.
If they don’t make any investment payments this season, they won’t be breaking the cap this year ?!
Raz
First team regular

Not1eyed 10 Nov 2019 19:29 pm said..

Things are only FACT when they are irrefutable public record otherwise they are just your opinion. For all any of us know Farrell et al are playing for free this season so Sarries well under the cap.
A few made Themselves look very silly yesterday by waving fake cash around or sticking celery to their caps before the game. Do it after you win.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby