Saracens sanction

Re: Saracens sanction

werdj 05 Nov 2019 11:46 am said..

How about taking deKock on a seasons loan to help them out and as cover for Dreyer
werdj
Turns out for the A team

Pieman 05 Nov 2019 11:48 am said..

That doens't sound like they are going to appeal!
Pieman
Vice-Captain

Allez Glaws 05 Nov 2019 11:49 am said..

Exeter need to be crowned champions for the past two seasons, and relegation cannot be ringfenced this season.

As others have said, surely they have to offload players immediately, or reduce their wages immediately otherwise they will still be in breach?
Allez Glaws
Hero in the making

ShedOrDead 05 Nov 2019 11:50 am said..

Allez Glaws wrote:Exeter need to be crowned champions for the past two seasons, and relegation cannot be ringfenced this season.

As others have said, surely they have to offload players immediately, or reduce their wages immediately otherwise they will still be in breach?

Exeter lost the final last season. Surely the Prem champion should be the team that would've beaten them if Sarries hadn't made the final. Who did Sarries play in the semi again...?
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer

Face 05 Nov 2019 11:54 am said..

Well done to Premiership Rugby for upholding the rules.

This has been going on for years at Sarries from rumours I had heard through various sources. One unconfirmed rumour was that Shalk Brits' Wife was employed into a company as a PA on a £150K salary to supplement the family income away from the rugby club books. Not sure how PR could ever prove such a thing though

Pleased they have been caught and dealt with.
Face
Senior squad member

madders 05 Nov 2019 11:57 am said..

Poor Farrell, just when he must have been thinking things can’t get much worse! :lol: :lol:
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Cherry Tree 05 Nov 2019 11:57 am said..

It's wonderful news - justice being served.

However....they can't (surely) be the only club guilty of breaking the cap....????

Maybe not the way Saracens/Wray have done it, but through sponsorship deals etc....and who is behind the sponsors etc...

Be very careful celebrating this piece of news as simply none of us know the in and outs of what goes on at each club. Could very much be the tip of the iceberg....
Cherry Tree
On a trial

madders 05 Nov 2019 12:01 pm said..

Well on the basis Sarries had 20 players away at the RWC and still fielded 6 last week l think the evidence is clear for all to see.....this just proves it. Wonderful news.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 05 Nov 2019 12:02 pm said..

Every sympathy with Sarries supporters but none with Nigel Wray ( who would trust a man who dresses as he does ? :D )
If they want to get any respect back they need to take the punishment and move on with a squad under the salary cap.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

MattChelt 05 Nov 2019 12:03 pm said..

madders wrote:Poor Farrell, just when he must have been thinking things can’t get much worse! :lol: :lol:

Bet the expression on his face today isn't a smirk... ;)
MattChelt
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby