Saracens sanction

Re: Saracens sanction

hairyglaws 05 Nov 2019 11:38 am said..

Ref:
Furthermore, it is the Club’s belief that the Panel’s narrow interpretation of the regulations is detrimental to player welfare across the league and is damaging the development of elite level rugby in the UK.

Saracens is proud of its pioneering, innovative approach to player welfare, developing their talents and supporting their entrepreneurial spirit for life beyond rugby.

MMmmmm no contrition there.
The whole interpretation piece needs to be crytstalised.
There should be NO interpretation just adherence to rules
hairyglaws
On the board

Sticki 05 Nov 2019 11:38 am said..

Players should be banned, Farrell , itoje and Vunipolas, and their titles taken off them
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Sticki
Hero in the making

TP17 05 Nov 2019 11:39 am said..

it did not deliberately attempt to breach the salary cap

Hmm not sure about that one. Failing to disclose payments to players for three seasons just seems a little bit fishy to me Nigel!
TP17
Hall of Famer

Baz 05 Nov 2019 11:39 am said..

To put this in context ... Saracens are now 31 points behind relegation favourites London Irish. Counting a few bonus point wins that is still around 6 wins that they’ll need without Irish getting a point before they get anywhere near them.
Downside..... they’ll be even more fired up for Kingsholm this week.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Rolfem 05 Nov 2019 11:40 am said..

So what happens now to Newcastle Falcons, they must also feel pretty Pi**ed off
Posts: 120  Location: South of Cirencester but Heart is in Gloucester
Rolfem
Senior squad member

stevieb 05 Nov 2019 11:43 am said..

hairyglaws wrote:Ref:
Furthermore, it is the Club’s belief that the Panel’s narrow interpretation of the regulations is detrimental to player welfare across the league and is damaging the development of elite level rugby in the UK.

Saracens is proud of its pioneering, innovative approach to player welfare, developing their talents and supporting their entrepreneurial spirit for life beyond rugby.

MMmmmm no contrition there.
The whole interpretation piece needs to be crytstalised.
There should be NO interpretation just adherence to rules

Nope, just arrogance and using 'oh but we protect players' as some kind of moral excuse. :x
stevieb
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 05 Nov 2019 11:45 am said..

hairyglaws wrote:There should be NO interpretation just adherence to rules

Rules will almost always have loopholes that can be exploited by those clever enough to spot them - look at motor racing Formulas for the extreme of this. PRL would've know this when drawing up the rules and I suspect this is why the clause around informing the Cap manager of anything that could be considered a loophole was inserted: it is an attempt to minimize the loopholes out there by putting the onus on the Clubs to over-submit their potential salaries and discuss schemes with PRL, rather than hide such schemes.
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer

madders 05 Nov 2019 11:45 am said..

Baz, whether or not they are fired up will depend on how many have doubts about their future. With this situation a lot of players will have their salaries reduced or will have to leave. Having a P45 on the horizon isn’t much of a motivator imho.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 05 Nov 2019 11:46 am said..

stevieb wrote:Nope, just arrogance and using 'oh but we protect players' as some kind of moral excuse. :x

Yup, hard to argue that this has done players any favors in the long run.
ShedOrDead
Hall of Famer

timrob1969 05 Nov 2019 11:46 am said..

Would it be churlish to arrange a whip round for them on Saturday?

Must have been 8 or 9 years ago I went to Cardiff for Wales Vs Aus in an autumn international. I was wearing a Glos jacket. In the lift in John Lewis a chap (with much younger trophy partner), sarcastically said "oh Gloucester, never mind!" I asked who he supported, he said "Saracens" so I replied "at least we obey the rules of the salary cap" to which he replied "Im a Director there" so I added "you should know better then" he then went very quiet.
timrob1969
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby