RWC19 "Stuff"

Re: RWC19 "Stuff"

kingsholmmick 15 Oct 2019 08:51 am said..

Agree with other posters that the sru should be ashamed of themselves ...
Having said that I thought the Scottish players gave it a real go and contributed to a great game. Both teams should hold their heads high.
As an Englishman it’s easy to gloat however I’m not convinced that England would have won that game ...
kingsholmmick
Hero in the making

Porky 15 Oct 2019 09:27 am said..

I agree Mick. Japan look genuine contenders and play a fantastic brand of rugby.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 15 Oct 2019 09:45 am said..

I would hope that Mark Dodson falls on his sword ASAP. As CEO he was at the helm of launching a very naïve and insensitive legal threat. Has done the SRU no favours and unfairly tarnished the host country amidst a fatal weather catastrophe.

Maybe he should be contacting his employment lawyer to sort out his severance package...…... ;) ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1458  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

The Vic 15 Oct 2019 16:36 pm said..

Ho hum Scotsmen are horrible, lets overlook NZ & Aussie treatment of Samoa, Fiji & Tonga that they've been complaining about for years. Us Scots are a bunch of meanies for seeking legal advice. In the scheme of things, it was dumb to say they looked at legal advice with the threat of loss of life, but they did what any of the other Tier 1 nations would have done. Parisse had it spot on in his comments, had NZ needed the points, World Rugby would have helped them out.. Dodson might well have to fall on his sword, there is nothing wrong in seeking legal advice, he just shouldn't have announced to the world.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Neilio44 15 Oct 2019 16:52 pm said..

Should it have happened to England I would have expected the RFU to try their best to get it rescheduled.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Glen Sannox 15 Oct 2019 17:28 pm said..

Precisely. World Rugby should be the target, not an individual country. Let's hope that now we're down to the last 8 that we have no more cock-ups.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 15 Oct 2019 17:45 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Precisely. World Rugby should be the target, not an individual country. Let's hope that now we're down to the last 8 that we have no more cock-ups.

You'd have to argue that the member countries, inc Scotland, voted to stage it in Japan during the nominated window.
DieTrying

Not1eyed 15 Oct 2019 18:51 pm said..

Good to see WR taking a stand. Dodson behaviour was abhorrent, and the argument england or nz would have been the same is futile as it’s just an opinion. Scotland signed the agreement so end of. Happy the game went ahead and even happier Japan won
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Oct 2019 20:12 pm said..

My main question is why did SRU go public so far in advance, except to put misguided pressure on the local and WR authorities.

Would any of the other seeded nations do anything different... ?probably not. They should've performed in their first match... Yes...now they just look stupid amateur numpties.

Let the authorities argue it out and let's get on with a great rugby competition.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Glen Sannox 16 Oct 2019 07:56 am said..

DieTrying, do you genuinely believe that World Rugby is fit to be in charge of the global game, and that it has done well with this RWC...confusion surrounding the tackle area, lack of contingency planning, etc? You see, I don't.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby