RWC19 "Stuff"

RWC19 "Stuff"

DieTrying 19 Sep 2019 20:26 pm said..

Kon'nichiwa all. On the basis that there will probably be OGT's for England matches, other teams are available, I figured that one thread for all RWC related "stuff" might be a good idea. This thread can cover Rumours, Team selection, post match reviews, Tea ceremonies, Karaoke tunes, etc, etc. Fill you boots and Tanoshi.
DieTrying

Re: RWC19 "Stuff"

Chalker 19 Sep 2019 21:20 pm said..

Well done DT.
In my humble, and not very original, opinion I have NZ as favourites and only England or South Africa as realistic challengers. All others, name your price.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Beddis 19 Sep 2019 21:55 pm said..

South Africa to win, France potential finalists if they can remove the shackles of Brunel and Galthie and do another 2011.

England to disappoint, no plan B (or C) will leave them coming up short. Eddie Jones to get his P45 soon afterwards (hopefully)

Scotland to go home after the group stages. Wales could join them if Fiji pull off another shock result. Ireland to surprise a few and get to the semi finals.

Barnes to bow out with the final, but I fear that one or more of the referees is going to be the main talking point of the entire tournament. I do hope I'm wrong on this though.

Enjoy the rugby though, it's been a good while since we saw anything remotely meaningful.
Posts: 4075  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Sep 2019 05:17 am said..

Heinz gets the bench in probably Jones’ strongest line up.

England team v Tonga: Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell (c), May; Ford, Youngs; Marler, George, Sinckler, Lawes, Itoje, Curry, Underhill, Vunipola

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Cole, Kruis, Ludlam, Heinz, Slade, Joseph
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Porky 20 Sep 2019 06:25 am said..

South Africa look the most likely to me. All Blacks may disappoint but cannot be discounted. Of the four home unions, England have the best chance (Wales doomed to fail again, Ireland too, Scotland might spring some surprises) and France could well be finalists.

Don't see Australia winning but Argentina should do well.

Think that's most bets hedged by me, then! :shock:
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 20 Sep 2019 06:41 am said..

Call me an optimist but I think England. I think EJ has got them to peak at the right time. I’ve just placed £10 on England to win and Jonny May to be leading try scorer at 25/1.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

vitesse 20 Sep 2019 07:17 am said..

I'm with Beddis on the referee front...... And I think he will be a French ref. There are a couple that have recently shown they are 'lacking' ref balls to take a grip of the game/players. My only recent prediction is England may now get out of the pool stage. I still stand by this - plan A only in existence, and that has been worked out by the rest of them....
Posts: 285  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

SonofPricey 20 Sep 2019 08:14 am said..

I see that Sione Kalamafoni and Dave Halaifonua are in the starting Tonga 15. Expect heads to roll
SonofPricey
Hero in the making

The Shuthonger One 20 Sep 2019 08:24 am said..

I think Scotland will progress to knock out, but with either NZ or SA as opponents no semi again.
The Shuthonger One
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Sep 2019 08:27 am said..

A few moons back, I got 21/1 on the Boks to beat ABs in the final...they're currently offering almost 3/1 to cash out. Just wish I'd had the confidence to put a few more ££££s on it than I did.

I think England will get a s/f place but can't see them getting past the Boks or the ABs, but in a one off game at that level anything can happen.

I can smell rugby at last.....
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby