Steve Thompson on Cipriani and Heinz

Steve Thompson on Cipriani and Heinz

Mark from Stroud 19 Sep 2019 12:14 pm said..

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/former-world-cup-winner-claims-3336457

Difficult to argue with some of the points he makes, but it does seem a little odd that all these old rugby players are being asked these questions at this point just before the World Cup kicks off. Is it journalists or the players making the running?
Mark from Stroud
On the board

Re: Steve Thompson on Cipriani and Heinz

Severus 19 Sep 2019 12:24 pm said..

I can see is point regarding players being drafted into an international squad by virtue of the place of birth of a grandparent but really disagree with his view that the head coach of England Rugby should be an Englishman.
Severus
On the board

The Vic 19 Sep 2019 12:37 pm said..

All sounds a bit bitter to me. I wonder if he complained about Mike Catt being in the England squad with him?
The Vic
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 19 Sep 2019 12:37 pm said..

Willi Heinz selection a joke...but he has no issue with his former colleague being a 'Kiwi' England captain....never had much respect for the petulant one on good day....and why Gloucester Live and Rob Iles has got to lower themselves to goading Gloucester and England fans with his trite nonsense is beyond me....
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Sheddy Mcshedface 19 Sep 2019 12:43 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Willi Heinz selection a joke...but he has no issue with his former colleague being a 'Kiwi' England captain....never had much respect for the petulant one on good day....and why Gloucester Live and Rob Iles has got lower themselves to goading Gloucester and England fans with his trite nonsense is beyond me....

We clicked and read the story that is why.

The World Cup means that there is a greater interest than usual for rugby stories and I imagine there are going to be a lot of events where Ex-players, particularly the class of 2003, and journos are mixing and it is easy copy to get one of them to say a few words about any given player. DC in particular will always generate more clicks and to be fair to Steve at least he is going against the grain and saying that Danny shouldn't be there whilst the general consensus is that he should.

If he thinks that Cipriani shouldn't be there on the basis of getting Gloucester to a Semi-final and losing to the best team in Europe then I assume he must be really confused as to what George Ford is doing there considering Leicesters flirtation with relegation!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

SonofPricey 19 Sep 2019 12:57 pm said..

Never forget the game when the World Cup winning hooker was ‘unable’ to play at hooker, leading to uncontested scrums.
SonofPricey
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 19 Sep 2019 13:14 pm said..

Bloke has little credibility after his antics on his trips to Kingsholm.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Baz 19 Sep 2019 13:31 pm said..

Big games? He went missing totally in the Powergen cup and cost his team 7 points when he chose to ignore the pass from Matt Dawson. He then got beat up by Azam, Woodman and Deacs all in front of 75000 people. He obviously missed that fact?
Baz
Hall of Famer

StroudieGlaws 19 Sep 2019 14:47 pm said..

To be honest I couldn't give a stuff what Thompson has to say.
StroudieGlaws
On the board

Mark from Stroud 19 Sep 2019 14:52 pm said..

StroudieGlaws wrote:To be honest I couldn't give a stuff what Thompson has to say.

That was kind of my point. I was just wondering if it is the old players or the journalists who instigate these kind of stories.
Mark from Stroud
On the board
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby