Silencing the Shed

Re: Silencing the Shed

ElephantJuice 11 Sep 2014 19:56 pm said..

Baz wrote:Far too many Council people in the Shed. The smell wafting across to the 1873 is awful in warm weather. I have met some of these 'Shed People' Oxford Glaws' was one such member. Quaint in their own way, but not the kind of person you should be seen out with.

That's Civil Servants for you....
ElephantJuice
Vice-Captain

Oxford Glaws 11 Sep 2014 21:10 pm said..

Baz wrote:Far too many Council people in the Shed. The smell wafting across to the 1873 is awful in warm weather. I have met some of these 'Shed People' Oxford Glaws' was one such member. Quaint in their own way, but not the kind of person you should be seen out with.

I'll concede it can get a bit overly exuberant in there and we do seem to have more than our fair share of gingers. Still, it didn't stop the much lamented Princess of Wales visiting that time.
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Whos bad 11 Sep 2014 21:11 pm said..

My friend hurt his back once so he made me watch a game in the Mira stand because he couldn't face standing in the Shed.

A couple in front of us were talking and the woman said "so what are the rules then?" And the bloke said "I'm not sure I think you have to get that odd shaped ball over that line over there"

I laughed and said "Good one"

They weren't joking

They looked at me with disgust!
Whos bad

JR 11 Sep 2014 21:26 pm said..

When viewed from the refinement of my Gold Seat, the Descamisado corralled in their Shed present the face and reality of Bedlam, from which we refined gentlefolk and in particular, our ladies, are mercifully preserved.
JR
Hero in the making

Overner 11 Sep 2014 22:15 pm said..

This may sound like I'm sitting on the fence (as opposed to "BAZ Heights" where I really sit) but I used to stand in the shed and would love to do so again. Unfortunately after several years playing hooker, followed by several years Tug of War (as in AAA standard, not pub) both of which I was considerably undersized for, my back and knees are crocked.

There is no way I can realistically stand for an hour and a half before the game to ensure a position with an easy escape route to relieve my aged bladder and cope with another two hours of standing during the game and realistically expect to be able to walk back to the station to journey back to the Isle of Wight. It ain't gonna happen.

In defense of those around me in the gold lame padded seats, some of us are much noisier than some in the shed would have you believe, and in the past 4 years I have only been told off once - for getting a bit over-excited and standing!!
Overner - someone who has lived on the Isle of Wight for more than 20 years. Less than a Caulkhead, more than a Grockle.
Overner
Turns out for the A team

GammoGlos 12 Sep 2014 08:03 am said..

Oldboy wrote:
David wrote:
BishopHooper wrote:I am another denizen of the tump end. Although I occasionally bless the 1873 when invited. I do think the criticism of the ladies there is unduly harsh, as far as I am aware all the tattoos are spelled correctly and on that basis alone they must be well brought up.

:cry: :lol:

Used to know a lad who had 'L-O-V-E' tattooed on his right fingers and 'H-E-A-T' on his left. I didn't have the nerve to tell him.

Perhaps he really liked holidays abroad
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

shed boy 1978 12 Sep 2014 20:39 pm said..

At the end of the day we are all there to support the mighty glaws no matter where we stand / sit we all need to give the boys our best support and be part of making kingsholm a fortress again can't wait till tomorrow
shed boy 1978
Academy prospect
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby