Silencing the Shed

Re: Silencing the Shed

GlawsyD 11 Sep 2014 12:43 pm said..

Well, Sale have announced that they have sold out their Fun Bus - yes, all 57 seats are taken! - I believe that they reserved 100 tickets initially to cover the Fun Bus and 'lone' travellers, but not sure how many of the latter are turning up.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Andy_M1 11 Sep 2014 13:06 pm said..

Westterrace I had to read this bit again "extremely rotund 'Ladies' with Tats up the front back and sides and severely showing roots getting involved in spitting contests with". For a minute I didn't read "Tats" thought it said something else :lol:
Andy_M1
Senior squad member

Tim in Shropshire 11 Sep 2014 13:32 pm said..

Looks like last Friday's result might have had a bit of an adverse effect on the crowd for Saturday.
When I phoned to get my tickets this morning, the (very helpful) lad in the ticket office suggested they were looking at somewhere between 10,500-11,000 although sales had started to pick up a bit in the last couple of days.
Thought we might have seen a few more than that with all the new signings.
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain

Baz 11 Sep 2014 14:33 pm said..

Far too many Council people in the Shed. The smell wafting across to the 1873 is awful in warm weather. I have met some of these 'Shed People' Oxford Glaws' was one such member. Quaint in their own way, but not the kind of person you should be seen out with.
Baz
Hall of Famer

alwayshopefull 11 Sep 2014 14:46 pm said..

Westterrace,

It sound like you have met my staff on their given day of, luckily things should be better this Saturday as its their monthly bath night on Friday, it also sounds like you have met the missus, she's the 1 with the loud mouth and copious amounts of bodily hair hanging out of every orifice, can you ask her what time my supper will be ready on Saturday night.

Great post mate keep em coming.

As for the team preferring you lot in the Shed, just ask yourself why after all of the games the same team running out in front of you all take the opportunity to have a drink with us in the stand after the game!!, and by the way the loudest part of the ground is defo the west terrace, for most of last year none of us in the stand thought there were any real people in the Shed it was that quiet and mostly occupied by away fans, simply wouldn't have happened when the Shed was a proper place to be back in the good old glory days, you youngsters are letting us all down.
alwayshopefull
On a trial

Tumpy+1 11 Sep 2014 14:48 pm said..

Westterracefaithful wrote:Tump-End master race Reporting In!

I'm not having this! If you reckon the Shed is a hotbed of filth, degradation and Tesco-Blue-Stripe-Luncheon-Meat-Eating-Hard As Nails-Ruffians (and you try to trade on that 'cool' image, like having a roll up hanging from your lip with accentuated swagger!) then you need to spend a game under the Olbas Oil sign at the Tump End!! I'm not saying that we lot are rough, but I have seen feral children with blackened nails as long as guitar picks, Foresters of the worst kind (the WORST kind), extremely rotund 'Ladies' with Tats up the front back and sides and severely showing roots getting involved in spitting contests with, what I can only assume are, tramps in rugger shirts, lads on stag weekends so bladdered they think they are at a Cheltenham Town game and, of course, my lot with, literally NO class shared between us all. We all shout as passionately as anyone in the Shed and, without us, the ground would be far, far quieter.

So, spare a thought for us languishing at the tump end, with our smuggled bottles of red top cider and 5 years worth of education between us all - we are as big a part of the Glaws family as anyone else, even though you may like to pretend we aren't there, like an older family member (perhaps and uncle) who keeps asking younger female members of the family for hugs that go on just a *little* too long.

Vive la Tump!

:D

As another that frequents the TumpEnd since being being being ejected from the Shed when my lad became too tall for the front position, moved to the Buildbase stand and paid a fortune for three seats and was ejected for being too vocal, I have found refuge with my back against the wall under the beer spilling residents of the boxes above my head. I have found that my neighbours to be a people after my own heart with all the knowledge of local ales :P never seen a pawn/prawn sandwich or a glass of wine being consumed :mrgreen: but the spirt for the game is great.
Other attraction for being in the cheap seats is the visiting support tend to concentrate around my position because they see a friendly face in me........if only they knew! The banter is generally good though. Up the cheap seats (well, terracing actually)
After reading this forum recently, the founding and only member of the Official 'Happy Clappy' club
on ShedWeb!
Tumpy+1
On the board

BishopHooper 11 Sep 2014 17:08 pm said..

I am another denizen of the tump end. Although I occasionally bless the 1873 when invited. I do think the criticism of the ladies there is unduly harsh, as far as I am aware all the tattoos are spelled correctly and on that basis alone they must be well brought up.
It’s only those who do nothing that make no mistakes. - Joseph Conrad 1896
BishopHooper
Vice-Captain

Camel 11 Sep 2014 17:18 pm said..

Very funnt post WTF, that made I larf!
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

David 11 Sep 2014 18:33 pm said..

BishopHooper wrote:I am another denizen of the tump end. Although I occasionally bless the 1873 when invited. I do think the criticism of the ladies there is unduly harsh, as far as I am aware all the tattoos are spelled correctly and on that basis alone they must be well brought up.

:cry: :lol:
David
Hall of Famer

Oldboy 11 Sep 2014 19:26 pm said..

David wrote:
BishopHooper wrote:I am another denizen of the tump end. Although I occasionally bless the 1873 when invited. I do think the criticism of the ladies there is unduly harsh, as far as I am aware all the tattoos are spelled correctly and on that basis alone they must be well brought up.

:cry: :lol:

Used to know a lad who had 'L-O-V-E' tattooed on his right fingers and 'H-E-A-T' on his left. I didn't have the nerve to tell him.
Going forward from this point in time is your only option
Oldboy
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby