Silencing the Shed

Re: Silencing the Shed

David 10 Sep 2014 20:49 pm said..

Box12Seat4 wrote:I'm not getting into this debate at all...... :|.....

But you just have, cheri, you have...
:twisted:

David
Hall of Famer

shed boy 1978 10 Sep 2014 21:22 pm said..

After being lucky enough to watch a game in every stand Barr a hospitality box I would only opt for the shed it's the shed the players love the adrenaline pumping through my viens when the team run round for warm up we are the 16th man
shed boy 1978
Academy prospect

Whos bad 10 Sep 2014 21:32 pm said..

Even if I had all the money in the world I would still watch Glaws from the Shed.

If you have never stood in there for a game you haven't lived.
Whos bad

Snevets49 10 Sep 2014 22:21 pm said..

Be fair....

Many of us that sit in the posh seats do so because:

A) we have weak bladders and don't want to lose our good view.

B) have, over many years, screwed our ham strings as a result of rugby/squash/badminton/age and can't remain still for too long.

C) have wives who bring along a weak skeletal structure/bad back, plus bags of paraphernalia (unidentified) that makes standing impractical.

D) can afford to do so due to unfortunate demise of a favourite distant aunt who did not see the presence of 'Tim the Tabby - Assanations Are Us' the cat who strategically placed himself in front of her....so sad.

So we don't care and can shout as loud as you 8-) 8-)

We bring our own bacon sarnies..
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Oxford Glaws 10 Sep 2014 22:30 pm said..

The Shed is the mosh-pit of rugby; the Mira is glamping.
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Snevets49 10 Sep 2014 22:48 pm said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:The Shed is the mosh-pit of rugby; the Mira is glamping.

See points A to C

We get Mira seating on prescription and referral (admittedly via private health insurance).....oh goodness, I've upset yet more of the Shedweb constituency .
Apologies
:evil:
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

GrumpyGlos 11 Sep 2014 07:39 am said..

I don't think that we will even notice the Stale Supporters in the shed, they never have a great away following so not expecting anything different. Anyway the only time the shed is quiet is when a kick is being taken. sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
GrumpyGlos
Vice-Captain

stuart 11 Sep 2014 08:01 am said..

Won,t be there sorry.. :?
stuart
Turns out for the A team

Jammat 11 Sep 2014 09:17 am said..

As someone from the JS stand, I want it to be clear that I'm right behind whichever side is winning the argument at the moment.
Jammat
First team regular

Westterracefaithful 11 Sep 2014 12:32 pm said..

Tump-End master race Reporting In!

I'm not having this! If you reckon the Shed is a hotbed of filth, degradation and Tesco-Blue-Stripe-Luncheon-Meat-Eating-Hard As Nails-Ruffians (and you try to trade on that 'cool' image, like having a roll up hanging from your lip with accentuated swagger!) then you need to spend a game under the Olbas Oil sign at the Tump End!! I'm not saying that we lot are rough, but I have seen feral children with blackened nails as long as guitar picks, Foresters of the worst kind (the WORST kind), extremely rotund 'Ladies' with Tats up the front back and sides and severely showing roots getting involved in spitting contests with, what I can only assume are, tramps in rugger shirts, lads on stag weekends so bladdered they think they are at a Cheltenham Town game and, of course, my lot with, literally NO class shared between us all. We all shout as passionately as anyone in the Shed and, without us, the ground would be far, far quieter.

So, spare a thought for us languishing at the tump end, with our smuggled bottles of red top cider and 5 years worth of education between us all - we are as big a part of the Glaws family as anyone else, even though you may like to pretend we aren't there, like an older family member (perhaps and uncle) who keeps asking younger female members of the family for hugs that go on just a *little* too long.

Vive la Tump!

:D
WTF as a moniker may, or may not, have been entirely intentional...
Westterracefaithful
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby