Silencing the Shed

Silencing the Shed

Castle Grim Reaper 10 Sep 2014 10:50 am said..

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s101.htm?104,14819923

Apparently they did it last season and there are only three seats left on the bus :)
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Re: Silencing the Shed

Tim in Shropshire 10 Sep 2014 11:06 am said..

Part of me is tempted to join the 'fun bus' at junction 10 of the M6 (can't believe that they have many supporters in the Wolverhampton/Walsall area, certainly never see any shirts around) just to see the reaction a bit of cherry and white gets. Would also sort out the where to park problem.
But then do I really want to risk the chance of subjecting Mrs Tim to 35 gloating Stale fans on the way home if the worst happens (which it won't)?
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain

Severus 10 Sep 2014 11:23 am said..

Must admit, I am tempted.
Severus
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 10 Sep 2014 11:25 am said..

It's easy to do: play well against a poor Glaws side and the Shed, while hardly silent, isn't exactly vocal. Those is the Shed are fickle creatures...flat-track bullies in some ways...who can turn on their team if they're getting bested. And yes, I know that's a generalisation, and I expect a flurry of 'not me, I always scream my guts out' posts, but from the other side of the pitch, the difference between a winning performance and a mediocre one is huge in terms of decibels.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 10 Sep 2014 11:35 am said..

Apparently the coach away is "more convenient and less hassle than attending a home match."

Who'd have thought?!?
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Farmer Geddon 10 Sep 2014 11:41 am said..

Reading their thread, they seem to be more worried about age discrimination legislation than the match. Could be a long journey with a few scintillating arguments on the way.
Farmer Geddon
Academy prospect

Oxford Glaws 10 Sep 2014 12:04 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:It's easy to do: play well against a poor Glaws side and the Shed, while hardly silent, isn't exactly vocal. Those is the Shed are fickle creatures...flat-track bullies in some ways...who can turn on their team if they're getting bested. And yes, I know that's a generalisation, and I expect a flurry of 'not me, I always scream my guts out' posts, but from the other side of the pitch, the difference between a winning performance and a mediocre one is huge in terms of decibels.

We only go quiet to try and catch the conversations from the stand opposite. Otherwise, how are we to know which are the smartest beaches in Phuket, whether it makes sense to get a private tutor in readiness for Pates' entrance exam, and the best place in Cheltenham to get Kalamata olives?
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

StroudieGlaws 10 Sep 2014 13:28 pm said..

Well said OxfordGlaws, yes the shed can be quieter when we aren't playing well but having been given tickets last season in the Mira for the London Irish game I was shocked how quiet the stand is.
StroudieGlaws
On the board

alwayshopefull 10 Sep 2014 14:20 pm said..

Now now Oxford Glaws, are you intimating that all of us who reside in the main stand are of the opinion we are in some way better than you oafs in the shed?, well that just won't do sir, its simply not cricket to suggest such a thing, I can assure you that during several games last year the noise levels rose so high that I could not hear my stock broker on the phone, and indeed the gentleman sitting next to me almost stirred out of his slumber. I can guarantee you that there are people from all walks of life sitting in our stand with cushioned seats and ample room to lounge around we even have a doctor and several airline pilots. Anyway I do hope that I have put your mind at rest regarding the people opposite you so, if you are in your cheap seat on Saturday then please remember to give us all a wave but not before 2.55 as we will of course be indulging ourselves with fine beverages.

Cheers Oxford Glaws lets hope we all have something to raise the roof to come the last blow.
alwayshopefull
On a trial

Tim in Shropshire 10 Sep 2014 14:50 pm said..

OG - I'm sure those in the stand opposite wouldn't be vulgar enough to buy their Kalamata olives in Cheltenham. They would bring them back from their holiday or send their man on a day trip to the Pelopenese.
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby