local club in France

local club in France

foz750 10 Sep 2014 08:41 am said..

Hello all,
Ive just moved to the Mayenne region of France and im looking for a local club to go and watch/support as I am a long way from Castle Grim. I am aware of a few glos fans live out here, so any advice welcome ( i will be living near Alenceon)

thanks foz750
foz750
On the board

Re: local club in France

kingsway 10 Sep 2014 08:42 am said..

Can't help you but have to express my envy!
kingsway
Turns out for the A team

Chris in Spain 10 Sep 2014 09:43 am said..

foz750 wrote:Hello all,
Ive just moved to the Mayenne region of France and im looking for a local club to go and watch/support as I am a long way from Castle Grim. I am aware of a few glos fans live out here, so any advice welcome ( i will be living near Alenceon)

thanks foz750

Foz, I assume you meant Alençon and yours was a spelling mistake?
If that is the case there is a club at Alençon http://www.rugbyclubalencon.fr/r_c_a.html
I know the area fairly well as my ex mother in law used to live nearby at Mortagne au Perche.
I am not sure what sort of standard they play.
Hope that helps,
Chris.
PS It is very pleasant in the summer but can be pretty chilly during the winter....
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Chris in Spain
Hero in the making

Castle Grim Reaper 10 Sep 2014 10:39 am said..

Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Django Unchained 10 Sep 2014 21:36 pm said..

Jersey?
Run at the spaces, not at the faces!
Django Unchained
Vice-Captain

plod 11 Sep 2014 05:54 am said..

Outside the top two leagues the clubs play in “Federale”.
http://www.rugbyfederal.com/Resultats/i ... 8&jour=100

Don’t know if this helps.
plod
Hall of Famer

foz750 11 Sep 2014 09:01 am said..

Hello again all,
yes Chris i did mean Alençon just a spelling mistake, I am living in Evron at the moment but am looking nearer to Alençon so it looks as though I will try them out.
The weather is still fairly good 26c today, but im sure that it will cool down soon. Not as cold as the UK though.

only downside to being here is that I get every channel except BT sport ........bugger !!!!!

cheers foz750
foz750
On the board

Stinking Bishop 11 Sep 2014 09:11 am said..

Nice and handy for popping back to the UK.

My mother and my sister live down near Angouleme in the Charente. Spoilt for choice down there. La Rochelle and Bordeaux to name two. Angouleme also have a side in the lower tiers. Only draw back, it's a hell of a drive unless you fly. Visits aren't as frequent as they should be...................
Nunca ceda Glaws.
Stinking Bishop
Senior squad member

plod 11 Sep 2014 15:07 pm said..

I’m near Albi (27 at the moment!) who have started well - 3 wins out of 3. I also have Castres, who have not started well, and Toulouse not far away. Up north there aren’t any teams, apart from Racing and Stade F who are in the top. Rugby in France still remains largely a SW phenomenon. There are signs of movement though with Grenoble, Lyon and Oyonnax breaking into the Top 14 and Biarritz and Perpignan dropping out.
plod
Hall of Famer

Stinking Bishop 11 Sep 2014 15:38 pm said..

plod wrote: Rugby in France still remains largely a SW phenomenon. There are signs of movement though with Grenoble, Lyon and Oyonnax breaking into the Top 14 and Biarritz and Perpignan dropping out.

Is that to do with the spread of wealth in France? I am assuming that the Northern areas especially around Paris are richer, than the southern areas. Does that mean that we are now seeing a shift in the power base of French rugby, because of rich backers and the amount of money in the French game?
Nunca ceda Glaws.
Stinking Bishop
Senior squad member
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby