Olivier Azam

Re: Olivier Azam

SirHenry 15 Jun 2018 09:49 am said..

Sorry, I was digressing into the realm of agendas... as you were.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
On the board

Peanutcoxy 15 Jun 2018 09:55 am said..

Likewise, apologies all round!
Peanutcoxy
On the board

ElverEater 15 Jun 2018 10:58 am said..

Ollie Ollie Ollie!
ElverEater
Vice-Captain

Legendoft'Autostrada 15 Jun 2018 11:17 am said..

Baz wrote:I've read through this thread and it's only really Stroud wizard who has criticised Azam (which he is entitled to do) yet it's now being described as an 'Ollie Azam bashing'? I liked Azam because he basically did what 'we' supporters would like to have done, he beat up the opposition. I would say though that I think Scott Lawson was badly treated by some due to Azam's popularity, Azam was always cheered to the rafters whilst Scott (who in my opinion was the better hooker) only ever got polite applause as they trotted on and off.
One persons hero is another persons villain. Stroud wizard makes a point that obviously isn't agreed with by a vast majority. At least it's a point worth discussing, rather some of the drivel on the rumours thread and another odd come back rant. It's going to be along summer.

That's an interesting take. I thought Scott Lawson was pretty good for other clubs and for Scotland but pretty average for us (went to ground oh so easily!)
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Tj36 15 Jun 2018 12:35 pm said..

Hi Stroud Wizard, you say Azam isn’t your kind of legend.
Who, in your opinion is? Genuine question as I feel that term is banded around too easily nowadays.
Should it be someone who spent his whole career at one club? Does playing say, 2 seasons qualify a player for legendary status?
Serge is held in high regard, but think he only played a few times, compared to say Deacs, or Sarge.
Tj36
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Jun 2018 13:02 pm said..

A good question.....as I think Serge encapsulated the spirit of the day and in a short period showed the spirit that I think of as ‘Gloucester’. To me he passed my definition of ‘was the club a better place for him wearing the shirt’ albeit not for a huge amount of time. There’s plenty I can say wore the shirt but didn’t hit my criteria.

My all time legend is Junior.....
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Glen Sannox 15 Jun 2018 13:56 pm said..

Mine is Jake Boer
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Peter 15 Jun 2018 14:01 pm said..

Blakeway.

I could also choose Teague, Burton, Vicks, Forrester, or a host of others. But only Blakeway played on with a broken neck that I recall.
Peter
Hero in the making

Beddis 15 Jun 2018 14:01 pm said..

Andy Hazell here, although he is rapidly being caught up by Jake!

Back has to be ‘dangerous’ Don Caskie
Posts: 3322  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Peanutcoxy 15 Jun 2018 14:08 pm said..

Teague
Peanutcoxy
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby