Argentina v Wales

Re: Argentina v Wales

Lewi7 20 Jun 2018 13:59 pm said..

Moriarty received a red card towards the end of the test on 16 June, which Wales won 30-12. His case was heard by David Hurley (Chair), Beth Dickens (ex-Scotland international) and Becky Essex (ex-England international) on 17 June.

Moriarty admitted the act of foul play, accepted the red card and apologised for his actions.

Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, the Independent Judicial Committee deemed the offence to be at the mid-range scale of seriousness, which has an entry point of six weeks.

However, taking into account the aggravating factor that the player did not desist from his actions on the direction of the Assistant Referee (which resulted in an addition of an extra week) and mitigating factors including the player’s immediate apology and disciplinary record (which resulted in a deduction of three weeks), the player was suspended for a period of four weeks.

The suspension, which is based on Moriarty’s playing schedule, will end following his club’s first match of the 2018/2019 Pro 14 season.
Posts: 3492  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Jun 2018 14:11 pm said..

Lol...I bet his preseason commitments ramped up a bit all of a sudden ;) ....seems about reasonable with the aggravating factors, perhaps the lad can now move on and enjoy his rugby with the Dragons and his new team mates after a good rest somewhere.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Gb83 20 Jun 2018 14:15 pm said..

Lewi7 wrote:Moriarty received a red card towards the end of the test on 16 June, which Wales won 30-12. His case was heard by David Hurley (Chair), Beth Dickens (ex-Scotland international) and Becky Essex (ex-England international) on 17 June.

Moriarty admitted the act of foul play, accepted the red card and apologised for his actions.

Having conducted a detailed review of all the available evidence, the Independent Judicial Committee deemed the offence to be at the mid-range scale of seriousness, which has an entry point of six weeks.

However, taking into account the aggravating factor that the player did not desist from his actions on the direction of the Assistant Referee (which resulted in an addition of an extra week) and mitigating factors including the player’s immediate apology and disciplinary record (which resulted in a deduction of three weeks), the player was suspended for a period of four weeks.

The suspension, which is based on Moriarty’s playing schedule, will end following his club’s first match of the 2018/2019 Pro 14 season.

I think he’s got off rather lightly there, hopefully he’ll learn from it.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

stevieb 20 Jun 2018 17:28 pm said..

So basically a week one ban - hilarious. Great support of the on-field officials
stevieb
On the board

Lord Lucan 22 Jun 2018 07:03 am said..

A very lucky boyo indeed, this really does seem ridiculously lenient to me, particularly in real terms of missing only a week, I thought 12 weeks would have been about right for strangulation.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 22 Jun 2018 08:04 am said..

Just think, if Wales had had another game this weekend in the international window he could have played in the first weekend of the Pro 14!!!! :lol: ;)
I must admit I was expecting a longer ban but in reality his biggest crime was not letting go when told to by the official.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

lucifer 22 Jun 2018 08:52 am said..

Proves what we all know is true - if he’d still been playing for us he’d had got 6 months!
lucifer
On the board

Steve M 22 Jun 2018 08:56 am said..

Lucky he only tried to kill him rather than make a racist or homophobic comment about him. ;)
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

David 22 Jun 2018 09:03 am said..

And it also means that poor Ross will miss out on the Dragons' pre-season friendly on the evening of Thursday 23rd August.
Against, ooh, er, um...
Oh, no!!!!
:roll: :lol: :shock: ;)
David
On the board
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby