Argentina v Wales

Re: Argentina v Wales

Lord Lucan 16 Jun 2018 21:36 pm said..

Ross Motiarty red carded after getting an opponent in a choke hold in injury time, pretty stupid way to end an otherwise superb game for him.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Herefordpropforward 16 Jun 2018 21:50 pm said..

Another impressive Welsh performance from the young lads who during the tour have knitted together well and have clearly wanted the wins. Watching Ross M convinces me that we will miss him greatly next season - he is really moving on as a quality player and I wouldn't be surprised if in ten years time he is regarded as one of the Welsh greats. Early days I know but all the signs are there . His red carding was stupid and the purple mists clearly got the better of him but he will learn from this I am sure. We have all, or most of us have, lost it from time to time! :? :? :roll:
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Vice-Captain

Chalker 16 Jun 2018 22:47 pm said..

I may be wrong but if Ross were still a GR player this thread would be another 30 pages long?
Chalker
Hall of Famer

TP17 16 Jun 2018 23:00 pm said..

Blimey, just seen a video of the Ross incident :shock:

Probably, Chalker. And most of those pages would have comments saying there was nothing wrong with it :D
TP17
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 16 Jun 2018 23:03 pm said..

Wales clearly now favourites for the World cup after another awesome performance and the all blacks are quaking in their boots!!! ;)
Funny how Jaco Piper didn't see any high tackles in the 80 mins?
So on this thread we have a claim that Ross Moriarty will be a Wales great and on another that Polledri will be in the same bracket as Sergio P. Clearly the Glaws budget could not stretch to keeping 2 such world class talents.
Roll on the u20s final.
Nb this is a light hearted post, please treat it as such ;)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Beddis 16 Jun 2018 23:13 pm said..

https://youtu.be/r49xuqctSco

What was Ross thinking? I wonder if all the frustrations from this season boiled over? Never saw anything quite so stupid before from him. He clearly regretted it when he saw it on the screen.

Definite red though, no question
Posts: 3611  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Baz 17 Jun 2018 08:52 am said..

I think he was hard done by. Clearly provoked by the 10 who trampled on him whilst on the floor and in fairness the strangulation method employed by Ross was under constant supervision by the Argentinian physio and assistant referee :lol: . Red was the colour the Argentinian 10's face went but I think yellow was more appropriate for Ross.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 17 Jun 2018 08:54 am said..

I think he's looking at a long ban for this. He completely lost the plot.
Not sure what the minimum term is for strangulation.
Shame, as he'd had one hell of a tour.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Baz 17 Jun 2018 08:57 am said..

Fat Taff wrote:I think he's looking at a long ban for this. He completely lost the plot.
Not sure what the minimum term is for strangulation.
Shame, as he'd had one hell of a tour.

There was a guy in the early 60's in Boston who got 'life'
Baz
Hall of Famer

Sky blue 17 Jun 2018 09:14 am said..

Fair to say Ross isn't the brightest. Apologies to his Dad - if he's still monitoring SW.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby