Under 20s Rugby World Cup

Re: Under 20s Rugby World Cup

King Prawn Bhuna 17 Jun 2018 18:38 pm said..

David wrote:Lovely weather there, though. :evil:

Exhibit 3
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

David 17 Jun 2018 18:39 pm said..

Yawn. No more misplaced humour from me.
Good game, though.
David
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 17 Jun 2018 18:45 pm said..

Yep yawn....you whinge about an English try ...and then say that some pathetic comment about the weather is humour...yep agree cracking game, like the seniors a bit more disciplined and they may have negated that awesome scrummage.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Lord Lucan 17 Jun 2018 19:01 pm said..

Now now KPB give them a break, those from lesser nations have no real experience of commenting on a world cup final thread :lol:
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 17 Jun 2018 19:32 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:Now now KPB give them a break, those from lesser nations have no real experience of commenting on a world cup final thread :lol:

KBP makes wholly unjustified accusations of anti English trolling when people are commenting on match calls and we end up with this crap.

Well done , have a biscuit.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 17 Jun 2018 20:09 pm said..

David wrote:Yawn. No more misplaced humour from me.
Good game, though.

It’s not humour. It’s boorish. Gloating about other nations’ losses is childish and unnecessary.
Lebowski

Frazier 17 Jun 2018 21:27 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
David wrote:Forward? That was way beyond forward.
:oops:

Really...why didn't someone a bit closer than you and I call it then?

You mean like the Welsh lino who said the pass was good? Lol
#WWG1WGA
Posts: 525  Location: If you can't speak freely then you're simply not free - Montagraph
Frazier
Hero in the making

Still Realistic 17 Jun 2018 22:16 pm said..

Well done France, worthy winners. Feared this after the semi final and never felt England were going to win. Thought Walker was good again and don't get the comments on here slagging Marcus Smith off who goalkicking aside was quite excellent. England needed to be 100% accurate and clinical and they weren't quite but still scored some cracking tries.
So the French and SA renaissance continues at u20 level and the baby blacks were a lowly 4th which is great for the World game.
There were some interesting calls by the officials but how the French winger didn't see yellow in the 10th minute is beyond me.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Steve M 18 Jun 2018 07:16 am said..

Does anyone know if there were different guidelines in use for these championships regarding intervention by the TMO ?

We, well me at least, are always complaining about how poor the TMOs are in supporting the ref but I have thought they have been involving themselves a lot more over the last few weeks. I do think that if play is going to be stopped a minute or so after an incident called out by TMO the ref should at least give teams the time to form up again and not allow quick penalties. This caught England out on a couple of occasions yesterday.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

Still Realistic 18 Jun 2018 07:24 am said..

Can I just add (and I know I have said it before) what a complete joy this tournament is. Watching the young teams from Georgia and Italy show such promise and bloody the noses of the established nations gives real hope for the continued development of the game. Even the "relegation playoff" between Ireland, yes Ireland, and Japan was a cracking game that was in the balance right until the end and while it is a shame Japan will not be in the tournament next it is also key that there is a concept of promotion and relegation!
Such a shame we have to suffer wall to wall football now! ;)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby