Trinder starts for England vs BaBas

Re: Trinder starts for England vs BaBas

Glen Sannox 27 May 2018 18:43 pm said..

Just a thought: there are players who look really good at Premiership level, but struggle to make the step up to Champions Cup or Test rugby. I'm a huge fan of Trinder but I can't deny I was hugely disappointed today. Hopefully we'll get a big name as CC opposition and he'll show his true colours at the top level.

BTW, I thought Robson looked poor too
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 27 May 2018 18:50 pm said..

Fair enough.
Spencer is a good call I would have him on the bench behind youngs
Agree with Cipriani, many options at 13 including Slade, Daly, Trinder and Tuilagi.
Can’t agree with Goode tho. Too slow for an international 15 so I would play Watson there
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 27 May 2018 19:01 pm said..

I would agree with almost all the comments on the game today. Apart from the option to recall Watson at FB. He is nowhere near good enough technically and tactically to play international rugby there but is an outstanding winger. I’d go Daly at FB and Slade at 13. Toss up re wingers as all offer something good. Trinds was a bit unlucky today as Radrada took everyone apart. 25 mins is not enough but it was clear Jones wanted to see Daly at 13 and Cips at FB. Not sure he will get another shot as long as EJ is there and by then his age may count against him
Peanutcoxy
On the board

Beddis 27 May 2018 19:05 pm said..

Goode hasn’t done badly for Sarries for his lack of pace, he never let England down before that either. Brown on the other hand has been poor this season and then is given a spot on the wing which is just plain stupid.

I agree GS that good Premiership players don’t necessarily make good internationals, however there is no harm giving them a go in the autumn games to find out. It was astonishing that Robson had to wait until today and then only given ten minutes or so at the end.

Scrum half is a really bad position for England, as amplified during the six nations. Both current incumbents aren’t good enough and nobody else has been tested enough
Posts: 3528  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Not1eyed 27 May 2018 19:11 pm said..

Goode is an outstanding player at club level I just think he lacks the pace required to be a threat at international level. I don’t mean that disrespectfully as 1 of the best 10’s to play in prem never made the step up ( Hodgson)
As for youngs I’ll have to disagree. You don’t get selected for 3 lions tours if your not good enough.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 27 May 2018 19:46 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:Goode is an outstanding player at club level I just think he lacks the pace required to be a threat at international level. I don’t mean that disrespectfully as 1 of the best 10’s to play in prem never made the step up ( Hodgson)
As for youngs I’ll have to disagree. You don’t get selected for 3 lions tours if your not good enough.

Hodgson got 38 caps and went on a Lions tour
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

chris1850 27 May 2018 19:48 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:A few on here were knocking him but I think that was one of the best performance seen from Piers Francis.

Ben Curry also very impressive for a 19 year old.

Hopefully the returning Saracens and Exeter players will make the difference!

It was Tom Curry
chris1850
Academy prospect

Beddis 27 May 2018 19:50 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:
Not1eyed wrote:Goode is an outstanding player at club level I just think he lacks the pace required to be a threat at international level. I don’t mean that disrespectfully as 1 of the best 10’s to play in prem never made the step up ( Hodgson)

Hodgson got 38 caps and went on a Lions tour

He was also around when a certain J Wilkinson was about. Notwithstanding the awful England coaching staff at the time, Robinson, Johnson and Lancaster
Posts: 3528  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Baz 27 May 2018 19:57 pm said..

Best player on the pitch (either side)for me was Daly. The guy is world class. Jones is a loose cannon.Brilliant and flawed but his brilliance has been found out. Like Vincent Van Gogh his brilliance may only be appreciated in time to come? For this mo
Ent in time he can trot on and he’llhave to wait to be appreciated.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 27 May 2018 20:04 pm said..

The same Robinson that won a World Cup?
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby