Trinder starts for England vs BaBas

Re: Trinder starts for England vs BaBas

TP17 27 May 2018 17:43 pm said..

I have to agree re Robshaw. I have not been a fan of recent Robshaw bashing, especially in the 6N as he seemed to be one of the only players who didn’t stop playing - he always gives his all. But the game has changed and I don’t think he’s England quality anymore. Curry showed today the style of player England were missing in the back row in 6N.
TP17
On the board

Beddis 27 May 2018 17:44 pm said..

England were as poor as the scoreline suggests, Robshaw just carried on his form from the rest of the season and shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

Youngs and Robson were both very poor, passing was dreadful. Ford did ok with terrible ball but he doesn’t look anywhere near on form.

Henry had a very limited window but I can’t see him being given another chance. He doesn’t fit the EJ template.

All the signs are that England are imploding under EJ, the sooner the bloke is cast aside the better as we won’t be winning any World Cup with him in charge
Posts: 3185  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

madders 27 May 2018 17:44 pm said..

Robshaw has only ever been “average” like most of the Quins players who somehow have a lot of caps between them.
They are my favourites for the drop next season.
madders
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 27 May 2018 17:48 pm said..

Sky blue wrote:I don't think that's entirely fair LL. He did miss a tackle but he barely (if ever) got the ball in hand. It was a period when England were under the cosh. Surely he deserved 20 minutes in the second half - which would have also given Eddie more choices of when/where to use Cipriani.

I think it’s fair and accurate, he missed tackles ( more than one I’m afraid ) and looked off the pace. A rare off day but one on the big stage.
Last edited by Lord Lucan on 27 May 2018 17:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Lucan
On the board

Not1eyed 27 May 2018 17:57 pm said..

Beddis I would love to see the England team you would select. You seem to slate a lot of players but never seem to suggest alternatives.
Not1eyed
On the board

madders 27 May 2018 18:05 pm said..

Didn’t know we had to do Eddie’s job for him, that’s what the Australian Rugby Union pay him for.
madders
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 27 May 2018 18:08 pm said..

Believe me, I wasn’t suggesting for 1 minute you do his job. Was just wondering which players Beddis does rate. That’s all
Not1eyed
On the board

madders 27 May 2018 18:15 pm said..

EJ has done to English rugby what myxomatosis did to rabbits, he has to have been sponsored by the Aussies to improve their chances at the next RWC!
madders
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 27 May 2018 18:20 pm said..

Ok. Interesting theory but not sure how or why it’s gone off on a tangent. I merely posed a question to Beddis out of interest. He clearly knows his rugby but my observation was he slate’s a lot of players but never commits to who he does rate or select if in EJ’s position
Not1eyed
On the board

Beddis 27 May 2018 18:40 pm said..

I would get shot of Robshaw and replace him with pretty much any back row player in the Premiership. He always gives 100% but that isn’t remotely good enough and never has been. Same for my mate.

Graham, Ludlow, Curry x 2, to name a few who would undoubtedly do a better job.

Scrum half, say thanks and goodbye to both Youngs and Care, both have had far too many chances to shine but couldn’t pass if their lives depended on it. I would give Robson a proper go along with Spencer and Vellacott. Probably way too late as this should have been done last autumn.

Outside half should be Cipriani and should have been for last two years. Farrell outside him.

Get shot of the nonsense that is Te’o, he’s a league player all day and doesn’t play anything else.

The Gloucester fan in me says to give Trinder a proper go, but being pragmatic I would go for Daly.

Wings May and Salamona.

Full back should be Goode, Brown can disappear sharpish. For today I would have given Woodward the nod, an exciting player who was worth a shot.

The front five pick themselves, although Launchbury has dropped off hugely since last year.

Sadly EJ won’t do anything to change the (very broken) status quo come the first test and the RFU have invested too much money in him to do anything about it
Posts: 3185  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby