Martin StQuinton

Martin StQuinton

Baz 24 May 2018 16:31 pm said..

As it's quiet in rugby traffic I would just like to say what a great job StQ has done as the main owner. I wasn't particularly convinced about him, I have to say but he must have been on the ropes after the Altrad fiasco (and the back stabbing from some of the other owners) and he has come out fighting. He has delivered with the new pitch and coaching staff but most of all the absolute quality of signings, announced and unannounced. Steve Vaughan and in some quarters DH are rightly getting the publicity but the money man is Martin and in fairness he's done everything you could ask of an owner and more.

I really don't think we've had a thread on our owner specifically. Other than complimenting him on his sun tan and a chat about Barbados I've never really spoken to him...... but I'm sure there are some contributors on here who have and know him well. Fact is owners are only caretakers of a Club until someone else takes over, but in my opinion he's done one hell of a job. Even the new branding seems to have been handled well and looking at the other web sites in the Premiership some seem to be quite envious of how it's been managed. Maybe it's not trendy to compliment an owner but credit should be made where it's due.

I was pretty down after our Cup Final and I know he was too. He obviously understands what the club means, so credit to him. We seem to be in safe hands and most of us are now looking forward to seeing (arguably) the strongest squad we've ever had? Much of that has to be down to StQ, so Thanks.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Re: Martin StQuinton

Django Unchained 24 May 2018 16:36 pm said..

Baz, I couldn't agree more.
Run at the spaces, not at the faces!
Django Unchained
Vice-Captain

Legendoft'Autostrada 24 May 2018 16:40 pm said..

Very interesting post. There were some correspondents on here a little while ago accusing Mr St Q of 'rinsing' the club with no investment, top players leaving with only inadequate or no replacements etc. I hope they are reflecting on their rather hasty outbursts!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

The Vic 24 May 2018 16:44 pm said..

I must confess I was very critical and concerned. Particularly with the financial future of the club (the still worries me, but I think thats just the nature of professional sport). I will put my hands up say sorry and say I was wrong
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 24 May 2018 17:05 pm said..

I am concerned for the financial future of the club, debt has soared.
Lord Lucan
On the board

MartynWestBerks 24 May 2018 17:52 pm said..

Fully agree Baz I've previously posted support.
MSQ has been very underrated and not praised enough for the work he's doing for the club since taking control. GR has moved further forward in the last two years since he's been in control than they did in the previous 6/7. He's a consummate professional utilising the skills of the management team which has been put in place, and does not interfere or meddle as other seem to in Premiership. It was quite refreshing to hear him say during recent Fans Forum that the Altrad escapade was a mistake. He's not flinched from investing in the club and hopefully he will see the returns from better attendances and performances on the park.
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

Peanutcoxy 24 May 2018 18:10 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:I am concerned for the financial future of the club, debt has soared.

Soared? Businesses run on debt and as long as the means are there to service it, there is no issue. I’ve never met or spoken to Mr St Quinton but it seems from his comments, his appointments and his commitment to the club that we are in safe hands.
Peanutcoxy
Hero in the making

Salty 24 May 2018 18:12 pm said..

Also in total agreement. We are indeed fortunate to have a fantastic owner. Martin and the other senior management are making great decisions and demonstrating the ambition to make us a very big club.
Salty
First team regular

TheOptimistSenior 24 May 2018 19:13 pm said..

Agree, Baz.
As far as "soaring debt" (really??) is concerned, I'm not a financial expert, but I am very happy to accept the way the club is run is in the best interests of Gloucester Rugby.
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

Lebowski 24 May 2018 19:21 pm said..

We appear to be in very safe hands financially. MSQ seems to have the business acumen to ensure we are financially secure while also being prepared to invest fully in the club. I am very, very impressed with his stewardship.

Perhaps Lord Lucan could explain the ‘soaring debt’ a little more so we know if we need to be concerned or not? My understanding is we have a relatively small, short term defecit legislated for in order to fund improvements to the stadium and pitch, but I could be wrong of course.
Lebowski
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby