Glasgow pitch

Re: Glasgow pitch

Sticki 22 May 2018 12:57 pm said..

http://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Document/General/General/01/32/91/95/InjurySurveillanceReport2016-17_English.pdf

"match injury incidences of 89.6/1000 hours for grass and 129.1/1000 hours for artificial turf. The average severity for match injuries on grass was 32 days, compared with that of 37 days for artificial turf"
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Sticki
Vice-Captain

Exile 22 May 2018 13:05 pm said..

44% increase....that is shocking.
Exile
Turns out for the A team

TP17 22 May 2018 13:50 pm said..

I don't see why any player would prefer to play on a fully artificial pitch than a pitch of turf or a hyrid. I too have played on the Hartpury articifical pitch, it was like playing on concrete covered with tinsel. But it's the club that makes the decision to change to articifical, which is a financial no-brainer as you can host more games/events and the mainetence costs are (I imagine) considerably less.
TP17
On the board

Thehorse 23 May 2018 19:09 pm said..

I’ve played football on 4g pitches before and have to be honest, really enjoy it due to the fact that you get a true roll of the ball and there’s none of the bobbles etc that you can get with a normal grass pitch.

This of course is not of such importance on a rugby pitch as very little of the game is played with the ball rolling along the floor so can’t really see the attraction from a playing point of view, I’ve always been surprised that clubs want to have these as their main pitch.
Thehorse
Academy prospect

Saint 24 May 2018 16:16 pm said..

The answer is simple, water rubber crumb pitches in hot conditions prior to play. They are not no maintenance or even low maintenance options.
Saint
First team regular
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby