Gatland to call up 'at least' 4 players for the Lions

Re: Gatland to call up 'at least' 4 players for the Lions

Crasher 20 Jun 2017 05:16 am said..

Have to accept the need for additional fodder...

I would just change the last two midweek games to be lions "a" or lions "united" or lions "ba bas", with a different shirt and badge. Everything else is the same.... should preserve the "history" of the lions shirt .
Crasher
Vice-Captain

Lewi7 20 Jun 2017 08:04 am said..

Well, Alan Dell's very first scrum, as a replacement for the indisciplined original tour pick Marler, went rather well.
Posts: 3428  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Django Unchained 20 Jun 2017 09:28 am said..

Lewi7 wrote:Well, Alan Dell's very first scrum, as a replacement for the indisciplined original tour pick Marler, went rather well.

Interestingly none of the other call-ups were brought off the replacement bench.
Run at the spaces, not at the faces!
Django Unchained
Vice-Captain

Lewi7 20 Jun 2017 09:34 am said..

I think that was always the intention, they were called up for bench duty, depending on injuries and how the 1st Test goes they might get game time next week for the last mid-week match and then they'll be gone.
Posts: 3428  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

JC 20 Jun 2017 19:18 pm said..

Django Unchained wrote:
Lewi7 wrote:Well, Alan Dell's very first scrum, as a replacement for the indisciplined original tour pick Marler, went rather well.

Interestingly none of the other call-ups were brought off the replacement bench.

And then Marler returned and saw out the rest of the match.
Posts: 393  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby