Rumours

Re: Rumours

Jimbodini 04 Apr 2020 00:08 am said..

Would take Freddie back in a heartbeat. Passionate player who loved the club and favs when he was here. Deserves far more game time than he is currently getting
Jimbodini
Hero in the making

TOBIAS 04 Apr 2020 08:40 am said..

We have exciting backs and DC/FB would maximise them as DC did last season. BUT the problem is that this year our pack is woeful and without decent ball the 10`s cannot do it
TOBIAS
On the board

Gb83 04 Apr 2020 09:43 am said..

TOBIAS wrote:We have exciting backs and DC/FB would maximise them as DC did last season. BUT the problem is that this year our pack is woeful and without decent ball the 10`s cannot do it

I think Fred can manage the game better than Cips and take some pressure off of the pack.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

RTS2 04 Apr 2020 10:58 am said..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EWEfQML9k

Apologies for the dreadful music ....but yes "disgraceful" skills :) . Used to always expect something magical at some point in the match from him and he usually came up with something.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Big Red 04 Apr 2020 13:14 pm said..

Wouldn’t be against it either. Some highlights package. Often forget how he good he was here. If we were after Malins then Burns would be similar squad value with his ability to play full back.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

spanish exile 04 Apr 2020 14:02 pm said..

On his day FB is good but as do all 10´s are reliant upon a strong pack which is what desperately needs addressing, overall though he would fit in well as a utility back up but is he prepared to be 2nd choice?
spanish exile
Hero in the making

Gloucester Mute 04 Apr 2020 14:07 pm said..

FB's obvious pluses are his kicking from hand and ground. For GRFC to narrowly win matches or close-out matches you need someone who can guarantee 80% penalties and conversions.

That most certainly doesn't apply to BTT or DC - who's main attributes lie elsewhere.

It could apply to Lloyd Evans BUT his other skills are, IMVHO, still below par for a starting/back-up Premiership 10.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2643  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Westy 04 Apr 2020 15:02 pm said..

Interesting prospect ... if true.

I'd have Burns back - he has some of the maverick in him required of a 10, and a reasonable reputation as a place kicker - certainly an improvement on DC and BTT.

But the pack will win matches!! We desperately need front row strengthening - the guys we've got are good, but prone to either injury or loss of form ... or both.

I'd be happy to hear Freddie is on his way to CG ... but I'd be delighted to hear of at least one beast front rower joining us ...
Back to basics
Westy
Hero in the making

GlawsyD 04 Apr 2020 16:06 pm said..

Got to ask where his mind and heart really are. Reminds me of his Bath predecessor Barkley to some extent. Him and Cips in the same team might strengthen the running forward's and backs interplay, but could make us even more predictable. Both need front foot ball to really shine, but that's been missing for both in this season.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

RTS2 04 Apr 2020 16:57 pm said..

Manuel Diana Olaso to Brizzle ...strongly rumoured .....who ?? :D

Actually very smart business if confirmed and probably not going to scratch the surface of their salary budget.

Looks a useful unit.
RTS2
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby