Rumours

Re: Rumours

steckers 17 Jan 2020 10:55 am said..

You got to love a right said fred reference
steckers
Hall of Famer

Behindenemylines 17 Jan 2020 13:45 pm said..

I don;t think the players are to blame in this situation.

Firstly, they wouldn't know what their colleagues are being paid. Secondly, if your employer comes to you and says 'we are going to structure your salary like this, but don't worry, we have taken legal advice and it is permitted under the rules', why would the players doubt them?

It is only human nature to seek the best salary possible. Factor it as well that, once a player has signed with Sarries, the club suggests that they no longer need an agent and they handle negotiations etc directly. We aren't tlaking about discussions between the club and an experienced agent who knows what to be wary of, rather an indiviual player who may well be naive in the matter.
Behindenemylines
First team regular

Simmo468 17 Jan 2020 14:57 pm said..

Wilkosam wrote:
Simmo468 wrote:
Tuffty wrote:The players were complicit in this as well, thus when this hits their earnings that is fair comeuppance.

I’m not sure how I’d feel if the club took on an ex-$aracen$ cap cheat?

How are the players complicit? They don’t manage the cap and have no obligation to do so. No individual deal is breaking the cap and investments aren’t against the rules.
They are probably bound by contract not to discuss their deals. Do you really think Owen Farrell keeps a running tally on squad earnings?

The club management are wholly responsible for the their situation and unfortunately it will be their players who will suck up the consequences.

You are insulting the players intelligence. Do you think, when it has been obvious to the rugby community at large for a long time, that none of them have been able to reach the same conclusion?

They may well think that but they have no responsibility for it. The club management hold the blame for this and no matter how they package it the primary reason for it all was cheating. The player welfare justification is at bet an added bonus but more likely a sham.
Simmo468
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 17 Jan 2020 15:48 pm said..

2 things from me....
1. A request to keep the sarries chat to the relevant thread (not this one!)
2. Hinkley rumoured to be off at the end of the season
NorthernShedHead
Hero in the making

steckers 17 Jan 2020 15:51 pm said..

1 - good idea
2 - oh no!
steckers
Hall of Famer

Citizen Rob 17 Jan 2020 15:52 pm said..

It seems likely Hinkley will be going at the end of the season. A shame as he's looked very impressive when he has played. Full story here: http://bit.ly/HinkleyCouldLeave
Citizen Rob
Vice-Captain

TOBIAS 17 Jan 2020 15:52 pm said..

Where to ? A trade with sarries or toBath/Briz
TOBIAS
On the board

Peanutcoxy 17 Jan 2020 16:33 pm said..

TOBIAS wrote:Where to ? A trade with sarries or toBath/Briz

Exeter touted
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Gb83 17 Jan 2020 16:39 pm said..

Citizen Rob wrote:It seems likely Hinkley will be going at the end of the season. A shame as he's looked very impressive when he has played. Full story here: http://bit.ly/HinkleyCouldLeave

That’s very disappointing, as much I really like Kriel I’d much rather retain Hinkley, hopefully we can pursued him of a future at Gloucester.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

SirHenry 17 Jan 2020 17:23 pm said..

That would be a big disappointment. I see Linsell is loaned back to Hartbury, what happened to Will Safe?

Hinckley definitely looks a bright prospect and EPQ. It would be sad to lose him for want of a little squeeze elsewhere.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby