Rumours

Re: Rumours

Welly 14 Dec 2019 14:06 pm said..

caldiglaws wrote:I remember when FB joined us from Tigers and we were toldhe waas a third choice Donkey but im hlad to say he has represented us well in his time here and the osts on here saying we would love to keep him shows we dont see him in the way Tigers fans did

Who said he was a third choice donkey?
He was behind Cole and Mulipola too international tight heads.

Most Tigers fans thought he was third choice but he was still a popular player on the whole.
Welly
Hall of Famer

Beddis 15 Dec 2019 01:19 am said..

TRP saying Balmain wanted by Exeter and Quins. I would rather we kept him personally as he is very resilient and therefore available most weeks.

I have been very impressed by JFR, he is pushing hard for the starting shirt now and looks right back to his best form
Posts: 4112  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

SIBARITE 15 Dec 2019 07:52 am said..

Beddis wrote:TRP saying Balmain wanted by Exeter and Quins. I would rather we kept him personally as he is very resilient and therefore available most weeks.

I have been very impressed by JFR, he is pushing hard for the starting shirt now and looks right back to his best form

Chalk and cheese. Balmain is a grafter. Always at the coal face doing the often unrecognised but essential work. JFR stands away from the breakdown most of the time looking for a showboating opportunity. Balmain for me every time. We have scintillating backs to do the eye catching stuff.
SIBARITE
Senior squad member

plod 15 Dec 2019 10:24 am said..

Yet it was his break and offload that lead to a try.
plod
Hall of Famer

carterb121 15 Dec 2019 11:19 am said..

No one moaned about Afoa doing fancy stuff. Scrum looked fairly solid yesterday and at one point we had 4 more turnovers than Connacht. What I like most about JFR though is his honesty. After the game he said something on twitter along the lines of ‘That ******* sucks.’ I like the refreshing honesty and seems like a top bloke to have around the changing room. Glad we signed him, but would like to keep Balmain too. Was a star last season and growing more in to this
carterb121
Vice-Captain

TP17 15 Dec 2019 12:37 pm said..

JFR is class, great signing
TP17
Hall of Famer

James J 15 Dec 2019 14:21 pm said..

SIBARITE wrote:
Beddis wrote:TRP saying Balmain wanted by Exeter and Quins. I would rather we kept him personally as he is very resilient and therefore available most weeks.

Chalk and cheese. Balmain is a grafter. Always at the coal face doing the often unrecognised but essential work. JFR stands away from the breakdown most of the time looking for a showboating opportunity. Balmain for me every time. We have scintillating backs to do the eye catching stuff.

What a ridiculous statement.
James J
Vice-Captain

SIBARITE 15 Dec 2019 14:52 pm said..

James J wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:

At least there is an explanation for my view. What on earth does yours mean?
SIBARITE
Senior squad member

MrGlawsRocker 15 Dec 2019 15:06 pm said..

SIBARITE wrote:
James J wrote:
SIBARITE wrote:I have been very impressed by JFR, he is pushing hard for the starting shirt now and looks right back to his best form

At least there is an explanation for my view. What on earth does yours mean?[/quote]

Sibarite - I think it literally means what it says on the tin, your post is ridiculous.

JFR is following what he was trained to do, he's a great in the scrum & he makes great breaks over the gainline whoch is impressive considering he is a big bloke, one that has nailed his place in the team.

I also have a mate who tells me the work JFR does outside of training & his dedication is superb and considering this is his season he is making a great impact.
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 15 Dec 2019 16:24 pm said..

MrGlawsRocker, Two questions. 1.How is it his (JFR) season? 2. Do you really have a mate?
SIBARITE
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby