Rumours

Re: Rumours

stuartjames 20 Nov 2019 19:15 pm said..

It must take longer to graduate from a rugby academy than RCVS in Cirencester. Freddie Clarke's 27 !
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 20 Nov 2019 20:42 pm said..

I thought he’d only been given a senior contract a couple of years ago. If I’m wrong I apologise. Perhaps you can help?
Lebowski
Dude

Ken Burney 20 Nov 2019 20:45 pm said..

Freddie Clarke was an academy "late bloomer".
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 20 Nov 2019 21:20 pm said..

Leb, I wasn't taking the micky out of your comment, just a system where a 25 year old can still be an academy player, when players like Tom Curry can be a World Rugby PotY nominee at 21.
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Manylayers 20 Nov 2019 23:56 pm said..

Freddie Clarke looks pure class to me. The fact that he is being played out of position suggests they just want him on the field. When you look at height, weight etc, it’s marginal. He just doesn’t have the experience of a Slater or Mostert. He’s got great hands and awareness though. That said, agree we miss all action Sav.
Manylayers
Senior squad member

Allen Prior 21 Nov 2019 06:11 am said..

Nothing wrong with "late bloomers". Sav only started rugby in his late teens (a bit like Kyle Sinckler) but developed into a top club player. I agree we miss him but only really because of the injury to Slater and Mostert being away at the RWC. Freddie is a really classy player on my view and excellent to have in the squad.

We are also seeing GG more often and I can see why I rated him so much from the time he started with Glaws (exceptional handling skills for a big man) but, like others, I am confused that he has not been used more by JA.

Please let us sign a top "3" very soon as cover for Dreyer (who has to be one of the most unfortunate players for injuries)
The artist formerly known as Porky
Allen Prior
Hall of Famer

TP17 23 Nov 2019 23:37 pm said..

Neil Fissler in tomorrow’s Rugby Paper:

Gloucester in move for unsettled Sinckler
Gloucester have emerged as the front runners to tempt England World Cup hero Kyle Sinckler into leaving Harlequins when his contract ends next summer. Talks have stalled over Sinckler’s demands but Gloucester will need to dig deep to tempt him. He could cost between £450,000 to £500,00 a season. Gloucester are in the market for a big name tight-head and have put Sinckler at the top of their shopping list.”
TP17
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 23 Nov 2019 23:58 pm said..

Can't see it happening personally. KS is a London-boy and will stick @ Quins.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2643  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Ken Burney 24 Nov 2019 07:03 am said..

Is it 1st January already?
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

thread killer 24 Nov 2019 07:35 am said..

I would love Sinkler here, his play in the open would make him a Gloucester legend!
thread killer
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby