Rumours

Re: Rumours

LegendoftAutostrada 20 Nov 2019 09:07 am said..

Gb83 wrote:
Baz wrote:We’ve offloaded mid season before in order to get a replacement where it is needed, It’s needed, Also money is legitimately available due to Dreyers injury. We should have got a ‘scrummaging’ prop as soon as the Dreyer injury was known. Ackermann decided we could manage and we have not replaced a dependable Savage in the second row knowing Mostert would be away. I’m not impressed with this season’s management decisions. I think it has cost us points.

May be these are financial decisions being made above the coaching team?

At the fans forum, David Humphreys said, clearly and emphatically, they are looking for a replacement for Dreyer. They don't want to just sign anyone to make up the numbers, they want to sign the right player for the club. Class tight-heads do not grow on trees.
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

Gb83 20 Nov 2019 09:09 am said..

LegendoftAutostrada wrote:
Gb83 wrote:
Baz wrote:We’ve offloaded mid season before in order to get a replacement where it is needed, It’s needed, Also money is legitimately available due to Dreyers injury. We should have got a ‘scrummaging’ prop as soon as the Dreyer injury was known. Ackermann decided we could manage and we have not replaced a dependable Savage in the second row knowing Mostert would be away. I’m not impressed with this season’s management decisions. I think it has cost us points.

May be these are financial decisions being made above the coaching team?

At the fans forum, David Humphreys said, clearly and emphatically, they are looking for a replacement for Dreyer. They don't want to just sign anyone to make up the numbers, they want to sign the right player for the club. Class tight-heads do not grow on trees.

Well that’s good to know, guess we’ll have to be patient.

I trust what our team is doing despite the poor start.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

lucifer 20 Nov 2019 10:56 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Given that our squad contains Mostert, Slater, Grobler, Craig, Linsell & Clarke who can play second row maybe the thought of signing another second row would have been considered excessive.
It sounds a lot Sheddy but there's only 3 what I would call front line jumpers there and when two are unavailable...…..
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 Nov 2019 11:44 am said..

lucifer wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Given that our squad contains Mostert, Slater, Grobler, Craig, Linsell & Clarke who can play second row maybe the thought of signing another second row would have been considered excessive.
It sounds a lot Sheddy but there's only 3 what I would call front line jumpers there and when two are unavailable...…..

Then we have to mend and make do with the players we have and the squad players need to step up. People keep saying we should be signing players as cover for various position as if there is a whole load of top quality rugby players unemployed somewhere.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

lucifer 20 Nov 2019 12:08 pm said..

I don't think that's the case, last season we had 4 front row jumpers; Sav has gone, we haven't replaced him. Presumably the others you mention aren't good enough to step up yet otherwise we wouldn't be sticking back rowers in there to make up numbers.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

re the malfunctioning line out.....is it the throw or the ju

Silverstander 20 Nov 2019 13:33 pm said..

Or the lift or the scrum half I hear you say
From my view at sarries, Leicester and Toulouse it’s mostly the throw from 2
That’s easy to fix and doesn’t need new jumpers Light tall bodies like Ludlow Clarke and Polledri can catch a ball if the throw is right
Maybe our hookers are too honest in throwing in straight
It’s not often seen either in Prem or in the Champions cup last weekend
I still think taking Simpson off 5 minutes to go and Braley on contributed to the lost last line out which costs the game
Silverstander
First team regular

Big Red 20 Nov 2019 13:45 pm said..

Silverstander wrote:Or the lift or the scrum half I hear you say
From my view at sarries, Leicester and Toulouse it’s mostly the throw from 2
That’s easy to fix and doesn’t need new jumpers Light tall bodies like Ludlow Clarke and Polledri can catch a ball if the throw is right
Maybe our hookers are too honest in throwing in straight
It’s not often seen either in Prem or in the Champions cup last weekend
I still think taking Simpson off 5 minutes to go and Braley on contributed to the lost last line out which costs the game

Wouldn't exactly call myself a Braley fan, but Craig's delivery to him was off from that lineout for me. Not at fault.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 20 Nov 2019 16:02 pm said..

When JA was at The Lions his philosophy was one of bringing through the youngsters and giving them their chance. We knew what we were getting and I don’t recall any complaints last season. He has always stated he would give the youngsters their chance here too.

Last season he could do no wrong. We’re 5 games into the season and some are turning on him already. :( :(
Lebowski
Dude

lucifer 20 Nov 2019 17:07 pm said..

Seems strange that he isn't doing the same again this season, Leb, and starting Craig.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 20 Nov 2019 18:34 pm said..

I guess I was alluding more to the calls to immediately bring in injury cover when somebody goes down Lucifer. He has shown confidence in Freddie Clarke who’s a recent graduate from the academy.
Lebowski
Dude
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby