Rumours

Re: Rumours

Big Red 17 Nov 2019 15:37 pm said..

I’m not sure where the 12 weeks came from for Slater (I may be wrong) but I’m sure it was more like 8 and we’re already nearly 3 of those down. Mostert and GG could form an excellent partnership over the next few weeks so let’s see.

There’s no way the Beast wouldn’t improve our squad. I dare say it’s a no brainer for the club in terms of marketing/bums on seats as well...
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 17 Nov 2019 16:11 pm said..

Big Red wrote:I’m not sure where the 12 weeks came from for Slater (I may be wrong) but I’m sure it was more like 8 and we’re already nearly 3 of those down. Mostert and GG could form an excellent partnership over the next few weeks so let’s see.

There’s no way the Beast wouldn’t improve our squad. I dare say it’s a no brainer for the club in terms of marketing/bums on seats as well...

I thought all Gloucester related injuries were on a rolling 2 week basis?
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

LegendoftAutostrada 17 Nov 2019 17:30 pm said..

Big Red wrote:I’m not sure where the 12 weeks came from for Slater (I may be wrong) but I’m sure it was more like 8 and we’re already nearly 3 of those down. Mostert and GG could form an excellent partnership over the next few weeks so let’s see.

Johan said 12 weeks for Ed Slater during the fans' forum.
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

Glos1012 18 Nov 2019 19:12 pm said..

Exeter lose props to long term injuries. Exeter sign prop immidiately. Glos get long term injuries....
Glos1012
Hero in the making

gmorgan131285 19 Nov 2019 13:16 pm said..

Glos1012 wrote:Exeter lose props to long term injuries. Exeter sign prop immidiately. Glos get long term injuries....

Maybe our recruitment was done so we can allow for these injuries. Mid season signings is usually a sign of awful squad building, I'd take anyone who can run a line out right now however! Do sarries want to keep Itoje AND Kruis? I'd have Kruis in a heartbeat
gmorgan131285
Hero in the making

colinboag 19 Nov 2019 14:49 pm said..

If you were coming from 35 points back, would you want to keep Kruis and Itoje? I think that answers your question ;-)
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 19 Nov 2019 22:16 pm said..

Want & affording whilst being compliant are two different things however.
Lewi7
Posts: 3988  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?

Baz 20 Nov 2019 01:04 am said..

We’ve offloaded mid season before in order to get a replacement where it is needed, It’s needed, Also money is legitimately available due to Dreyers injury. We should have got a ‘scrummaging’ prop as soon as the Dreyer injury was known. Ackermann decided we could manage and we have not replaced a dependable Savage in the second row knowing Mostert would be away. I’m not impressed with this season’s management decisions. I think it has cost us points.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Gb83 20 Nov 2019 08:01 am said..

Baz wrote:We’ve offloaded mid season before in order to get a replacement where it is needed, It’s needed, Also money is legitimately available due to Dreyers injury. We should have got a ‘scrummaging’ prop as soon as the Dreyer injury was known. Ackermann decided we could manage and we have not replaced a dependable Savage in the second row knowing Mostert would be away. I’m not impressed with this season’s management decisions. I think it has cost us points.

May be these are financial decisions being made above the coaching team?
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 20 Nov 2019 08:26 am said..

Given that our squad contains Mostert, Slater, Grobler, Craig, Linsell & Clarke who can play second row maybe the thought of signing another second row would have been considered excessive.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby