Rumours

Re: Rumours

steckers 14 Nov 2019 17:43 pm said..

There a little too-much focus on DC at times. The conditions haven't been great for the last 3 games and the pack have been struggling. So it's asking a lot for DC to do his thing.
steckers
Hall of Famer

madders 14 Nov 2019 17:50 pm said..

That’s almost funny. So due to bad weather we are struggling, yet other teams don’t. I think some of our boys need a kick up the arse.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 14 Nov 2019 18:02 pm said..

madders wrote:That’s almost funny. So due to bad weather we are struggling, yet other teams don’t. I think some of our boys need a kick up the arse.

Tell me when you'd like to do it. :lol:
SIBARITE
Vice-Captain

steckers 14 Nov 2019 18:04 pm said..

No that's not what I said.

Conditions aren't the reason Gloucester have struggled - they are a FACTOR affecting the style of rugby that DC is best at (I've always considered his kicking to be poor btw).

And - the forwards have failed to get on top of the opposition, consequently the backs haven't got much DECENT ball to play with.

Just 2 elements that affect DC's performance.

No-one has really made observations about the performances of the centres - which have been equally average. Hence my suggestion that all the attention is on DC.
steckers
Hall of Famer

lucifer 14 Nov 2019 18:18 pm said..

Seems like a lack of plan B from where I'm watching.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 14 Nov 2019 18:38 pm said..

Totally agree Steckers.
Lebowski
Dude

madders 14 Nov 2019 19:34 pm said..

Only joking. :oops:
Seriously if the pack, 9 and 10 aren’t performing then the centres might as well go home. I’ve played centre when we’ve had no possession and all you do is tackle.... great fun, not.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 14 Nov 2019 19:42 pm said..

I agree to an extent too Steckers. Conditions not been ideal for D.C. this season but I’m afraid a top class 10 has to adapt. Pack going backwards also makes it difficult for him and in this situation I think a big ball carrying 12 is important so he can dish the ball off. Having watched Sale glad Gloucester didn’t get RJVR
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Paul Simmons 14 Nov 2019 19:48 pm said..

I believe that Billy TT is our best 12 - having him there takes some of the pressure off DC. With Harris at 13 it is a physical midfield.
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 14 Nov 2019 20:10 pm said..

I wouldn’t disagree sky blue. I think Gloucester back line has become very predictable and lateral last few weeks. Pointless going 50yards sideways but 2 yards toward. For me best sides Still have a big “crash ball” 12
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby