Rumours

Re: Rumours

lucifer 14 Nov 2019 10:47 am said..

Surely if Mtawarira was coming something would have been said last night.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Original Tetley 14 Nov 2019 10:57 am said..

I doubt he is coming but if he was I'm sure they'd want to go big on the announcement - not let a fan who was there last night stick it on here..
Original Tetley
Vice-Captain

Gloucester Mute 14 Nov 2019 11:17 am said..

The Beast is in UK at moment as playing for the next 3 weeks for the Barbarians.

I really can't see him then coming to CG for the remainder of the season + getting up-to-speed with our squad.

Unfortunately we are going to have to work out our scrum woes internally - and that does not make me sleep well !! Especially if JA is going to blame wet weather as an excuse.....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

gmorgan131285 14 Nov 2019 12:47 pm said..

I can't see it either, but I have heard it and read it in a few places, may be the South African link and below par scrum, that makes for lazy Journalism etc. But would love there to be truth in it.

As for not being able to see it. If you said 2 years ago Danny Cipriani would play for Glos and take us to the playoffs. If you said 3 years ago we'd Swap Jonny May for Ed Slater and we'd end up with the better end of the deal. You'd say I needed a sit down in a dark room. Things happen!
gmorgan131285
Hero in the making

jeppy89 14 Nov 2019 13:06 pm said..

gmorgan131285 wrote:I can't see it either, but I have heard it and read it in a few places, may be the South African link and below par scrum, that makes for lazy Journalism etc. But would love there to be truth in it.

As for not being able to see it. If you said 2 years ago Danny Cipriani would play for Glos and take us to the playoffs. If you said 3 years ago we'd Swap Jonny May for Ed Slater and we'd end up with the better end of the deal. You'd say I needed a sit down in a dark room. Things happen!

Ah the hope.
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Gloucester Mute 14 Nov 2019 14:16 pm said..

gmorgan131285 wrote:I can't see it either, but I have heard it and read it in a few places, may be the South African link and below par scrum, that makes for lazy Journalism etc. But would love there to be truth in it.

And if you'd said that Danny Cipriani could be a one-season wonder many wise-heads would have reluctantly nodded their heads in agreement....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Gb83 14 Nov 2019 14:30 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:

And if you'd said that Danny Cipriani could be a one-season wonder many wise-heads would have reluctantly nodded their heads in agreement....

Wise head or just hoping he will fail? He’s 4 games in and will turn it around like he does every time!
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 14 Nov 2019 16:15 pm said..

I certainly hope so Gb83 for the sake of all GRFC squad and supporters.

The whole RWC-experience followed by trip to West Coast USA and some associated comments from DC re. being in the right/wrong place physically and mentally unnerved me - especially based on his previous times at a variety of clubs. I think he is a massively talented rugby player but with an underlying troubled soul...…

Hopefully JA can sort out DC's head.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Kingfisher 14 Nov 2019 16:51 pm said..

The difference so far this year is that arguably only Tom Marshall and Simpson have particularly played well regularly. Last season our pack of forwards was giving cips and the rest of the backs the platform to be able to play the game we wanted. When we click as a unit, we'll see the best of Cips again.
Kingfisher
Senior squad member

Gb83 14 Nov 2019 17:03 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:I certainly hope so Gb83 for the sake of all GRFC squad and supporters.

The whole RWC-experience followed by trip to West Coast USA and some associated comments from DC re. being in the right/wrong place physically and mentally unnerved me - especially based on his previous times at a variety of clubs. I think he is a massively talented rugby player but with an underlying troubled soul...…

Hopefully JA can sort out DC's head.

It has been a tough summer for him but I do think he’ll come back stronger again and we’ve got a great coach when it comes to people management .
Gb83
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby