Rumours

Re: Rumours

stuartjames 06 Nov 2019 06:46 am said..

O/T but NSH, read that most of the other Superleague clubs are expecting a nice bump in crowd numbers, just to see SBW playing at Wigan, Castleford etc.....
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 06 Nov 2019 07:25 am said..

stuartjames wrote:O/T but NSH, read that most of the other Superleague clubs are expecting a nice bump in crowd numbers, just to see SBW playing at Wigan, Castleford etc.....

I know some of the lads at work (fans of Cas, huddersfield, wakey) are looking forward to it! Great business for the team and SBW I think
NorthernShedHead
Hero in the making

stuartjames 06 Nov 2019 08:26 am said..

Back in the day, Henry Paul was described by the club as a BOSS (bums on seats superstar) signing, but that's nothing compared to this.
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 06 Nov 2019 10:26 am said..

I stand to be corrected but I think I’m right in saying Toronto are currently not constrained by the same salary cap as the rest of Super League. That’s why they are able to make these signings. I can’t see that will be allowed to continue (by the other clubs, regardless of how delusional the RFL are) and personally think this whole ‘franchise in Canada’ will prove to be a disaster. I know many people in RL are very unhappy about the massive favouritism that the RFL have shown to Toronto.
Lebowski

Blackcountryglaws 06 Nov 2019 10:36 am said..

But aren't there ways and means to circumvent the salary cap.
Or is that a different thread?
Blackcountryglaws
Turns out for the A team

stuartjames 06 Nov 2019 10:47 am said..

Lebowski, no I think they are constrained but by declaring SBW as their marque signing only the first 150K of his salary counts against the cap, it's just that nobody else in Superleague can afford to offer that sort of salary to an individual player. Most other marque players would be on a lot less than 2,6 million / year.
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 06 Nov 2019 11:00 am said..

SJ you are correct. The ultimate cap is £2m, although this in turn is further limited by financial sustainability (based on it's signed off operating budget) in which a small loss is allowed. The financial sustainability cap can be raised by however can be equity contributions or loans appropriately secured i.e. sugar daddy writing it off) The Marquee player is valued at £150k of the £2m.

Tuilagi could also be signed under a new talent dispensation as he has never (to my knowledge) played RL or registered with a RL club..in which has his salary cap contribution would £0 in the first year and 50% mitigated in the second year.....as well as his share in the lucrative half time cow heel and tripe concession.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

stuartjames 06 Nov 2019 11:09 am said..

He'd be even more enormous after a season of half-time poutine!
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

dvtavfc 08 Nov 2019 11:12 am said..

dvtavfc
First team regular

Steve M 08 Nov 2019 11:18 am said..

dvtavfc wrote:Matsushima to move to europe

https://www.sanspo.com/rugby/news/20191 ... 03-n1.html

Injury replacement for Liam Williams ?
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby